Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 05:16:24 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Ever Get a Bad Toothache after hours????
« previous next »
: [1]
: Ever Get a Bad Toothache after hours????  ( 9954 )
nancyd
: 304

« : February 23, 2013, 12:23:05 PM »

Oh man....what a night! This is intended to help those of you who happen to get a really bad tooth ache "after hours". Oh the moaning.....
Well I got stuck last night with it, and no place to go.....Thank god for google.......

I think it was abscessed tooth..pounding, throbbing, swollen and very painful. Could not talk...just moan.....
Take Ibuprphen to help with swelling
Boil a tea bag.....remove excess liquid from tag bag, and place it against the offending area inside your mouth. Make sure it's not hot enough to burn, but hot enough. The tag bag helps draw out infection, reduces swelling. Replace with another tea bag when it cools.
Rinse the affected area 1teaspoon hydrogen peroxide, 1teaspoon salt in glass of very warm water. DO NOT SWALLOW, just let it rest in the affected area, and swish and spit. Do this every few hours.
Place a heating pad on medium heat against the side that hurts.
Now I'm NOT advising you take expired antibiotic,,,,,,but I did.....some antibitics do not actually expire until 1-2 years after bottle expiration date. At least I have enough until I can get to a dentist. I searched best antibiotic for what I believed was the problem...kind of a no brained when there is swelling, throbbing pain under a crown, swollen cheek
No pain by the time I got to bed at 2am.
Today, much better, ......almost when to ER last night for the pain......I hope you don't get a tooth ache "after hours".
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #1 : February 23, 2013, 02:15:27 PM »

and if you dont have insurance like me you better have some money saved up cause they wont see you if you dont
nancyd
: 304

« #2 : February 24, 2013, 10:20:15 AM »

Ed/Rod,
Here is a link to Burlington Community Health Center......they have options for those people who are uninsured.

What if I don't have health insurance?

CHCB’s eligibility department located at the Riverside Health Center can help connect income eligible uninsured patients to State health insurance programs or CHCB’s Sliding-Fee Scale depending on each individual’s situation.

www.chcb.org
cedarman
: 370

« #3 : March 14, 2013, 12:14:43 PM »

Another cheap home remedy: Mustard

I had a unbearable toothache years ago. It had gotten progressively worse over a couple weeks.  It was due to decay, not an infection.  A friend told me to rub some French's yellow mustard on it with my finger.  I did.  IT HURT INTENSELY for a minute or two, then the pain faded.  I asked the friend why she told me to do that without telling me it would hurt so much.  The reply "If I told you how bad it was going to hurt, would you have done it?"

Anyway, after the few minutes of pain, the tooth wasn't a problem for 6 months or so.  When it started to hurt a little, I was finally in a financial position to have it professionally taken care of.   

I guess it still beats a hockey skate and rock.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: