Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:50:54 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  Message From Leebeth Ann Lemieux Candidate For Selectboard
« previous next »
: [1]
: Message From Leebeth Ann Lemieux Candidate For Selectboard  ( 5388 )
Ann
: 10

« : February 19, 2013, 09:16:32 AM »

Dear Editor,
My name is Leebeth Ann Lemieux, I am seeking election to the Fairfax Selectboard where I believe I will make an active and productive contribution.  Fairfax has some projects and agendas, new, old and future that are finally coming to light.  I want to see that they do not have any more stumbling blocks.  The best way I know to insure that is to be involved.

I am the oldest of six children in a 6th generation Vermont family.  My father was an officer in the US Air Force and, as with most military families, my childhood was spent moving frequently.  However, upon my father being killed on active duty, my mother moved us home to Vermont.  In 1984 my husband, Mark and I chose to live in Fairfax on land passed down from my great grandfather.  We have recently begun a sugaring operation on our 25 acres of land. 

Our community involvement began with the activities of our two sons, Nicholas and Jack, such as little league and BFA Fairfax athletics.  I coached cheerleading at BFA Fairfax for seven years.  I began my own cake decorating business, The Cake Solution, out of my home and in 1987 established my drafting service business.  I established Realtor/Owner Dusty Trail Realty, LLC in 2001.

I was a member of the Fairfax Planning Commission for eight years from 2003 – 2011. And I served as President on the Fairfax Business Professional Association.  I have taken on a variety of roles in moving Fairfax forward, while maintaining our rural agricultural foundation.  I was involved with the revisions to the Fairfax Town Plan and the Development Regulations while on the planning commission.  I was an integral part of the development and continued growth of the Annual Tree Lighting.  This year I also took the lead in the Citizens of Fairfax Community and Fairfax Parks and Recreation Department’s development of the Haunted House.  Both events have had over 250 participants in attendance and are great community building events.  The haunted house was a fundraiser for the CFC which has a goal of creating a community center in Fairfax.

I believe it is important to promote conveniences and activities right here in our town so people can remain in town for their daily needs and services.  As a business owner, I also understand the financial constraints and fiscal responsibility in our town.  I am advocating for a clear direction and understanding in these areas.   I would like to see our communication methods and research of town recordings modernized.  I want to see the new voter approved town hall project to be developed within a responsible budget, cutting down on the time and money it will cost the taxpayers while coming to completion in a timely manner.  Through my business experience and working with a variety of government entities here in Fairfax, I have developed skills that will be essential in my role on the Selectboard. 

Thank you for your time and consideration.  I would appreciate your vote on March 5, 2013.

Sincerely,

Leebeth Ann Lemieux
tfence
: 257

« #1 : February 19, 2013, 09:42:42 AM »

Ann has my endorsement.

We are here for all your Outdoor Living Needs.
visit us at http://feerickfence.com/
also check us out on facebook
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #2 : February 19, 2013, 01:48:43 PM »

Mine as well.  She will do a great job and I also want to say I appreciate all you have already done Ann in our community throughout the years! ~Mary Kay

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
ohhman
: 469

« #3 : February 19, 2013, 02:27:56 PM »

Mine too!  A friend for many years, she has what it takes to be a fair, intelligent voice on this board!! 
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #4 : February 25, 2013, 08:25:43 AM »

Thank you Ann!!!!!!!!!!! You have mine also.

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
: [1]  
« previous next »
: