Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:33:43 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Mother Of Janet Spaulding & Sister Of Alberta Clokey Passes Away
« previous next »
: [1]
: Mother Of Janet Spaulding & Sister Of Alberta Clokey Passes Away  ( 3323 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 02, 2013, 03:15:29 PM »

Carolyn Whiting
(March 27, 1931 - February 1, 2013)

ENOSBURG FALLS - Carolyn Kittell Whiting, 81, of Enosburg Falls died peacefully February 1, 2013 at Fletcher Allen Health Care in Burlington with her devoted husband and loving family at her side.

She was born March 27, 1931 at her grandmother’s home in Sheldon, VT and graduated from Enosburg Falls High School in 1949. On June 4, 1950 she married the love of her life, John Whiting, with whom she raised two daughters who were her pride and joy.

Carolyn was always ready to help others. She was the organist at the Rice Hill Methodist Church for 15 years and when asked to fill in temporarily as organist at The West Enosburg Methodist Church she did for over 40 years. She had a green thumb and ran Whiting’s Flower Shop with her husband from 1965 to 1987. She was a member of the Sheldon Grange, where she and John met, for many years as well as the West Enosburg United Methodist Women, the DAR and Enosburg Historical Society.

Carolyn was predeceased by her father and mother, Alan & Alice (Smith) Kittell, her step-mother, Gladys “Sally” Riley Kittell, sister Eleanor, brother-in-law Roger Clokey and nephews Alan Kittell and Glenn Clokey.

She is survived by her husband of (almost) 63 years, John Whiting; two daughters, Janet Spaulding and her husband Michael of Fairfax, and Jeanne Whiting Magoon and her husband Mark of Enosburg; granddaughters Jessica Rowe and her husband Ricky, Ryan Yandell and her husband Jeremy all of Norman, OK, Ellen and Maggie Ross; great-grandchildren Calliope and Clementine Rowe, Drake, Jayden and Kensey Yandell; her brother Stanley Kittell and his wife Kay, her sister Alberta Clokey and her partner Frank Reed and step-brother Christopher Riley of Lachine, Quebec.

Visitation will be held Tuesday, February 5, 2013 from 4-7 p.m. at the Spears Funeral Home in Enosburg Falls. A celebration of Carolyn’s life will be held at Enosburg Falls Methodist Church on February 6, 2013 at 2 p.m. A luncheon will be served at the church immediately following the service graciously provided by the United Methodist Church women. Interment will be held this spring in the Rice Hill Cemetery in Sheldon.

For those who wish, contributions in Carolyn’s memory may be made to the West Enosburg United Methodist Church c/o Darlene Wright, 1181 Horseshoe Circle Road, Enosburg Falls, VT 05450.

« : February 03, 2013, 11:56:26 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : February 03, 2013, 11:57:19 AM »

I have the full obituary posted above.
« : February 05, 2013, 01:49:10 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
resqmas701
: 16

« #2 : February 04, 2013, 06:46:53 PM »