Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 05:13:54 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  Stop the union from trying to take over childcare in Vermont
« previous next »
: 1 [2] 3 4
: Stop the union from trying to take over childcare in Vermont  ( 40586 )
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #15 : February 19, 2013, 01:52:03 PM »

Unions, "Bullies" same thing in my book on a lot of levels.  What are they thinking, fair share..... I feel like we are in NYC and you own a business and pay us for protection. That is total BS...  I am sorry you guys have to deal with this..

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
ohhman
: 469

« #16 : February 19, 2013, 02:26:24 PM »

Well said MK!!   If you want some crazy reading, read the bill that is now in the senate, S-52.  They want "exclusive representation" for childcare providers, along with other crazy "BS" for sure.  Say a prayer for me tomorrow as I am supposed to testify to the Senate committee.  Since I want NO part of a union, the union probably would not dole out the $100.  or more to have me parade around the statehouse in their blue t-shirts like they do their "followers", NOR would I want to be funded by them, so I will do my testimony over the phone, which is probably better as I just got my time slot & they are giving us 5 minutes to make our statements   & answer their questions !!
« : February 19, 2013, 02:43:43 PM 3plusk »
ohhman

« #17 : February 20, 2013, 09:28:14 AM »

My testimony has been given~ phew!!!!   Today would be a great day for everyone to call & voice  against a union forming in Vt for childcare providers, as this issue is in the senate committee & they are hearing some testimony today.  Also, Wed. Feb 27at the statehouse, the Senate Committee on Economic Development, (currently debating the union bill),  are hosting an evening hearing from 6 - 8 pm.  This is very important for providers, parents, anyone concerned to attend & voice opinions.  The union reps will be there in droves so we need all the support we can get!! PLEASE try your best to attend!!   But at the very least, call your Senators, Franklin County Don Collins or Norm McAllister, to stop the union bill.     802-828-2228   or email   dcollins@leg.state.vt.us    or   nmcallister@leg.state.vt.us
« : February 20, 2013, 09:29:59 AM 3plusk »
mkr
Administrator

« #18 : February 20, 2013, 11:14:00 AM »

I am sure you did a great job!!  I will email them today as well to say I am not in favor of it!

ohhman

« #19 : February 20, 2013, 01:07:06 PM »

Thanks, MK! I gave it my best, worked hard on my speech, re-working it lots & was very nervous, but I did it!  Thankyou for your support!!
mkr
Administrator

« #20 : February 22, 2013, 01:55:51 PM »

So I sent an email to both Don and Norm.  I received a response from both by this morning.  Don thanked me and Norm flat out said he is against it!

ohhman

« #21 : February 22, 2013, 02:21:47 PM »

Thanks MK!!!  Your support is greatly appreciated by many!  There is an open forum on this Wed. Feb 27;  anyone want to go???!!!!!  We need lots of supporters so they hear us!!
tfence
: 257

« #22 : February 22, 2013, 02:46:17 PM »

I thank you to Mary Kay. I had a sit down with Norm and Don. Norm is 100% against it. (red faced when talking about the union) Don is personaly against it but he wants to hear both sides of the story before making a final.

We are here for all your Outdoor Living Needs.
visit us at http://feerickfence.com/
also check us out on facebook
tfence

« #23 : February 26, 2013, 08:53:52 PM »

In case anyone wants to go to the public hearing in Montpelier. Here is the details. 

The bus will leave the downtown Burlington YMCA BY 4:30 and the Richmond Park and Ride BY 5:00.  The YMCA is chartering this bus for us, and if we do not have enough providers riding to make it worthwhile, they will cancel it.  Therefore, please let me know today if you are planning on riding the bus, and at what pick-up location we should expect you. 

We will have t-shirts available at the event for sale ($10).  If we are all wearing the same shirt, it will visually make a statement.  We need as many people as possible to attend.  PLEASE do your best to be there and to rally parents, partners, spouses, children, friends, siblings, etc to attend with you.   I will also have free VICCP pins for all! 

Of course you can also drive yourself.  Upon arrival at the Statehouse, there will be signs directing you to Room 11, and officials present to direct you where you need to go. You may sign up to speak (for 2 minutes) if you wish.  We encourage everyone to sign up, even if you only get up to state your name, town and that you are against this bill.

Again, I cannot stress enough the importance of everyone attending.  The sheer volume of numbers speaks.  We need to speak very loudly at this event.  Please feel free to email me with any questions at all, and let me know today if you are riding the bus and at which pick-up location to expect you. 

Thanks all and have a great day!!

tfence

« #24 : February 28, 2013, 08:12:16 AM »

Update, please read and comment on the website below.
http://vtdigger.org/2013/02/27/child-care-workers-testify-in-force-about-unionization/

ohhman

« #25 : February 28, 2013, 11:07:10 AM »

Sen. McCormack's comments were of poor judgement; glad he doesn't represent Franklin County!!
tfence

« #26 : March 01, 2013, 08:02:38 AM »

This morning the Senate Committee is voting on the childcare union bill, something I am strongly against. If you are a Vermonter of legal voting age, can you please spare less than two minutes?

Between 8:00 and 9:00 THIS MORNING, please call the Statehouse at 802-828-2228 and ask to leave a message for Senators: Doyle, Cummings, Baruth, Collins and Mullin. The message is "vote NO on childcare union." You might need to supply your name and town. Then please copy and post this message as your status.

It might take a few tries to get through, however please don't give up. It takes less than 2 minutes. It is Very quick. Very Easy. And Very Powerful.

Thanks for your support!

tfence

« #27 : March 01, 2013, 03:53:24 PM »

Update: senate did not come to any agreement today. The discussion today was about how the bill would affect the STARS program that already exists. I think the union is trying to replace it. Not good. The senate vote is posponed to March 12th. If it gets posponed from then it will be timed out if not settled by the 15th. From now to then if you could call your senator everyday and tell them you are opposed to the unionizing childcare in VT. Thanks
« : March 01, 2013, 06:41:51 PM tfence »

tfence

« #28 : March 12, 2013, 01:00:45 PM »

The bill was just voted on in the Senate Committee and was voted NO by 3-2. (Mullin, Collins & Doyle No, Cummings and Baruth yes).

More later, but for now, a WIN for us!!!

ohhman

« #29 : March 12, 2013, 01:21:26 PM »

This was a huge WIN for us for now; but now more work begins as the union will try to sneak this in with other bills just as they did last year.  No worries with something just passing through as we have Elsa Bosma at the helm & she is one smart lady & stays on top of this issue informing all of us each step of the way, all the while raising her own young children & running her own home childcare business.   More to come & a big thankyou to all those who have called in support of us saying NO UNION for childcare workers!!
: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
: