Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:34:28 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  VTGRANDPA'S FINAL VERMONT MYSTIC PIE CHAPTER
« previous next »
: [1]
: VTGRANDPA'S FINAL VERMONT MYSTIC PIE CHAPTER  ( 4068 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 11, 2004, 08:51:45 PM »

Hi all,
Well, now you've seen how the Vermont Mystic Apple Pie is made.  I'll show you the packaging operation and also my freshly baked Vermont Mystic Apple Pie which I baked all by myself.

You'll then get a chance to check out the large variety of products that are produced down here at the Vermont Food Venture Center and I'll even give you a phone number to call in case you would like to make arrangements to stop in sometime.

Maxine Kelly of Waterville, removes the pies from the cooler and seals them with the sealer.

Jay Goude places them in the specially designed box, and the machine above deposits glue on the flaps so it can be sealed.

Laura Nedich packages the sealed boxes into cartons and places them in the freezer behind her where they are flash frozen - They will later be picked up by Hillcrest Foods who are based here in Fairfax who will take care of the distribution to various stores that carry the product.

Of course, as shown above, this is where the real skill comes in. Oh yes!!!!!!!!
I baked that pie.

I took a run upstairs where Brian Norder, Project Director for Vermont Food Venture Center here in Fairfax has his office to take a few pictures of some of the many products produced. Due to the number of products on the long counter, I had to take three photos in order to get them all. Above is photo number 1.

Photo number two of the products produced here in Fairfax.

and Photo number 3. Pretty impressive isn't it.

Although I had never met Brian Norder, he definitely is not a stranger to the area. Brian used to live in Westford at one time and had worked up at Smugglers Notch. We found that we both new the Clokeys (Steve of course works up at Smuggs as did his Dad Roger for a while). We also both knew a lot of the same people in Westford.

If you haven't met Brian, he is a real nice down to earth guy - If you are interested in stopping in at The Vermont Food Venture Center to take a look around, give Brian a call so he can set up a time. His phone number - 849-2000.

Its been a real busy week - I've met a lot of nice people and in case you hadn't noticed I've really enjoyed myself, however, the story of The Vtgrandpa and The Mystic Pie Company has come to an end - I expect that Isaac Olson's story in the St. Albans Messenger will be in this Saturday's Edition. It might be something worthwhile picking up for a keepsake. I haven't seen Isaac's story yet, but I am sure it will contain a lot of interesting information about The Mystic Pie Company and The Vermont Food Venture Center.

If you would like to read Isaac Olson's St. Albans Messenger article on The Vermont Mystic Apple Pie Company, click on the following link:

http://www.vtgrandpa.com/newsclips/mystic_isaac.html

Another article was written in the Burlington Free Press in the February 7, 2005 Edition which you may read by clicking on the following link:

http://www.vtgrandpa.com/newsclips/mystic_050207.html

Have a great day,
Henry

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: