Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:12:17 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Fund Raisers
| | |-+  Richard "Dick" Brown Scholarship Fund
« previous next »
: [1]
: Richard "Dick" Brown Scholarship Fund  ( 18585 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 21, 2013, 06:58:30 PM »

Henry , Would you please post this message on your web site for me? Ralph McNall can be contacted for any questions 849-6589

With the Holiday Season over it is time to tackle a worthy project.

A scholarship fund is being started , as well as other efforts, to recognize long time BFA Fairfax coach, educator, administrator and friend, Richard "Dick" Brown. His passion, integrity, loyalty, dedication and fairness are a few qualities making him deserving of this honor.

It is our hope we will have monies enough to award a scholarship in his name in June at the BFA graduation, as well as a plaque with his photo to be displayed in the main lobby of BFA.

If interested please send your contribution made out to "BFA Scholarship Fund" to FWSU 4479 Highbridge Rd,Fairfax,VT 05454 with memo to Dick Brown fund.

Please inform your families, friends, classmates and neighbors, with your help we can make this happen. Thanks in advance for helping with this worthy endeavor. 

We will be putting a committee together in the near future to administer the fund, and other efforts.

Ralph McNall, "former BFA school board member of 13 years and long time friend"

Henry Raymond
mikejb1949
: 7

« #1 : March 08, 2013, 12:00:35 PM »

ralph and his family are the greatest people I have ever know god bless you for honoring dick brown he was a great man.
jbrown7985
: 3

« #2 : March 11, 2013, 02:21:07 PM »

ralph and his family are the greatest people I have ever know god bless you for honoring dick brown he was a great man.
[/quoteWhat: memorial dance benefit for the Richard brown scholarship fund
When: Saturday, may 4, 2013, 7 – 11 PM
Where: the ponds at Bolton valley
 (www.thepondsvt.com)

You are receiving this note because in some way your life has been touched by Richard (Dick) Brown.  People such as Dick do not live their life for fame - they become famous because of how they live their life.  They have a passion for others and for life that is infectious.  They have our respect – not because they demand it, but because they earn it.
Please, join us in celebration of Dick Brown’s life and help us to continue his legacy of passion and love by contributing to the scholarship fund set up in his memory.  We hope to deliver the first scholarship in June of this year at Graduation!
Here’s how you can help:
1.   Purchase tickets to our evening of fun at the Bolton Ponds ($20 per person)
2.   Contribute items, services, etc. to our silent auction
3.   Donate to the scholarship fund
You can find out how to do each of these at http://richardbrownfund.wordpress.com
Any questions can be directed to:
Lynn Berardinelli at lynnb@VtCulinaryResort.Com or (802)-363-3025
Betty Baker at betty.baker@utas.utc.com or (802)-377-9591

We’re looking forward to seeing you on May 4th!
John2004
: 6

« #3 : March 11, 2013, 05:20:32 PM »

In addition to the information available at http://richardbrownfund.wordpress.com/ there is also a Facebook Group named 'BFA Fairfax Scholarship Fund for Richard "Dick" Brown' at https://www.facebook.com/groups/457975310942836/.

Also, at the richardbrownfund.wordpress.com site you may post memories and photos if you wish to share. 

If you can help at the event, can donate food platters toward the event, etc., please let us know.

If you have questions and want to ask them here may I ask that discussion about this take place in this thread so we look in one place to help as best we can.

Thanks.  John
« : March 11, 2013, 06:13:09 PM Henry »
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #4 : March 11, 2013, 06:17:39 PM »

bump

Henry Raymond
John2004

« #5 : April 07, 2013, 03:15:29 PM »

There is some information about the Richard A. Brown Scholarship Fund and a copy of the application form at http://richardbrownfund.wordpress.com/2013/04/07/scholarship-update/.  The deadline is May 3, so don't wait!
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #6 : April 08, 2013, 10:12:27 AM »

Gary Gilbert has asked me to post this:

The Richard A. Brown Scholarship Fund Formed
A group of Fairfax citizens, who fondly remember Richard Brown, longtime teacher, coach and principal at Bellows Free Academy, have been meeting to determine how to honor this individual who touched the hearts of so many Fairfax students and residents.  This group developed two initiatives.  The first was to dedicate the high school gymnasium after Richard Brown and the second was to raise funds and create a scholarship in his memory.  The Board of School Directors has agreed to name the gym after Mr. Brown and now this band of volunteers is working hard to bring the scholarship to life.  The inaugural scholarship will be given to a deserving graduating senior at Class Day in June and is expected to be a multi-year opportunity. The recipient will be a student who has shown improvement through their high school years as Mr. Brown was always focused on encouraging students to be the best they could be.

The group will be holding a fundraising dance and social.  This event will offer an opportunity for those who knew Mr. Brown to gather, raise funds to help Fairfax students, and celebrate his life all at the same time.  For those of you who may not have known him, this is an opportunity for you to come out and support BFA and its students—two of the most important things in Dick Brown’s life.

This event will be held at the beautifully scenic The Ponds at Bolton Valley on Saturday, May 4th from 7:00 to 11:00 PM.  Dancing, light snacks and beverages will be available.  Music will be provided by DJ Rick Wold (BFA Class of 1977).  The cost is twenty ($20.00) dollars per person. Several generous sponsors will ensure that most of the proceeds going to the scholarship. 

In addition to the dance and social, items are being collected for a silent auction that will be held that same evening.  If you have any items, services, etc. that you would be willing to donate to this cause, please get in touch with one of the members of the committee.  For further information feel free to contact: Lynn Berardinelli at 802-363-3025 or lynnb@VtCulinaryResort.com) or Steve Clokey at 802-324-0410 or sclokey@smuggs.com).  If you would like to contribute to the scholarship fund this may be done at richardbrownfund.wordpress.com

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #7 : April 08, 2013, 01:28:14 PM »

Gary,

Do we know when the dedication of the Gym will be?  Since this would be right in Fairfax at the school, I would like to promote that and provide a table to also donate to the scholarship fund, maybe a get fellow alumni to do a bake sale there.

Thanks,

Mary Kay 

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
John2004

« #8 : April 12, 2013, 12:28:16 PM »

With regard to the benefit dance there are a couple things for which we really need help. We are seeking assistance in greeting and working the door and overseeing the silent auction (perhaps in half-hour increments). In addition, if you are planning on attending the dance and have not RSVPed please let us know you will be attending the dance. We need to plan for snacks and support staff and your RSVP will help us do that. Contact Lynn Berardinelli at 802-363-3025 or at lynnb@vtculinaryresort.com.

More information about the scholarship, the benefit dance, items available at the Silent Auction, etc., is available at http://richardbrownfund.wordpress.com/.

Thank you!

John
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #9 : April 12, 2013, 01:09:31 PM »

I heard the gym Dedication for Mr. Brown is being planned to be done at the Alumni Banquet!

What a great idea!

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
John2004

« #10 : April 16, 2013, 12:37:11 PM »

Seniors!  Information about the scholarship, and the application form, is at http://richardbrownfund.wordpress.com/2013/04/07/scholarship-update/.  Don't wait - the deadline for applying is May 3!

Some other links of interest:

All kinds of information about the scholarship fundraiser, benefit dance, pictures, etc., is at http://richardbrownfund.wordpress.com/
A short summary is in "Fairfax News / Upcoming Events" at http://www.vtgrandpa.com/forum/index.php?topic=15962.0
lena6
: 357

« #11 : April 25, 2013, 07:47:01 AM »

John, Jim and I will be going. (Meunier).  I have some things for the silent auction, do I bring them or will you or Lynn pick them up.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: