Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:13:39 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Royal Bushey's Mother Dies At Age 96
« previous next »
: [1]
: Royal Bushey's Mother Dies At Age 96  ( 2185 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : December 27, 2012, 12:30:40 PM »

Doris Mary (Young) Bushey
Swanton, Vermont - Doris Mary (Young) Bushey, age 96 years, died late Tuesday evening December 18, 2012, at Our Lady of the Meadows in Richford with loving family at her side.

Born in Swanton, Vermont on November 18, 1916, she was the daughter of the late Gilbert and Maude (Bachand) Young. She attended the former Saint Anne's Academy in Swanton and in later years worked in the academy's hot lunch program. On May 26, 1942, she was married  to Ralph Herbert Bushey who predeceased her on June 28, 2011.

In addition to being devoted wife, mother and grandmother, Doris and her husband Ralph will be remembered for the beautiful vegetables that they raised and the summer farm stand that they operated on the North River Road for many years. As a lifelong parishioner of The Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary she belonged to the Ladies of Saint Anne as well as the former Swanton Grange.

Doris leaves her son, Royal Bushey and his wife Margaret of Fairfax; three daughters, Delores Trahan and husband Ovila of Swanton, Lois Archambault and husband Mark of Jericho and Debra Savery and her husband Bruce of Chester; 11  grandchildren; 11 great grandchildren, brother-in-law and sisters-in-law, Evelyn Thibault of Swanton, Hazel Trahan and Catherine Bushey both of Canaan,  Connecticut and Donald and Helen Bushey of Bakersfield and several nieces and nephews.

Besides her parents and her husband Ralph, Doris was predeceased by her  brothers and their wives, Norman and Elizabeth Young, Edward and Marion Young, Kenneth and Lena Young and Louis and Barbara Young; her sisters and their husbands Natalie and Rhino Stinchfield, Dorothy and Clifton Bushey, Avon and Milton Vosburg, Mary Young and Nanette Young.

Doris' family would like to express their sincerest appreciation to the management and staff of Our Lady of the Meadows for all of the professional care, love and support given to Doris during her stay with them

The Liturgy of Christian Burial will be celebrated Saturday, December 29, 2012, at 10 a.m. from The Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Father Emmanuel I. Ajanma will be the celebrant and homilist. The Rite of Committal and Interment will follow at the Bushey family lot in Saint Mary's Roman Catholic Cemetery.

Friends may call at The Kidder Memorial Home, 89 Grand Avenue Swanton on Friday, December 28, 2012, from 4 to 8 p.m.

Gift's in Doris's memory may be made to the Activity Fund of Our Lady of the Meadows, 1 Pinnacle Meadows, Richford, 05476 or to Franklin County Home Health Agency, 3 Home health Circle, Saint Albans 05478.

« : December 27, 2012, 12:33:40 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: