Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:43:41 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Westford News
| |-+  Current News
| | |-+  86 Year Old Clement Thibault Of Westford Receives HS Diploma From BFA
« previous next »
: [1]
: 86 Year Old Clement Thibault Of Westford Receives HS Diploma From BFA  ( 4274 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 17, 2012, 07:37:27 AM »

By WCAX News - bio | email

MONTPELIER, Vt. -
Vermont recognized nine of its combat veterans Thursday for their outstanding service.

The Vermont Veterans Medal honors veterans who served honorably in the United States military.

Gov. Peter Shumlin handed the medals out during a ceremony at the Statehouse. The medals are red, yellow, blue and green; the colors of the state seal.

"These awards are a token of our appreciation for the folks that have sacrificed everything for all that we get to enjoy in this country," said Shumlin, D-Vermont. "We know that Vermonters per capita have more of a contribution to those efforts to spread freedom around the world than almost any other state in America."

In addition to a distinguished service award, 86-year-old Clement Thibault of Westford was also given his high school diploma. Thibault enlisted to serve in World War II before he graduated from high school.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: