Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:27:25 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Greetings! Kidney Update- Still waiting.......
« previous next »
: [1]
: Greetings! Kidney Update- Still waiting.......  ( 8690 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : February 17, 2013, 04:01:06 PM »

Hello everyone!

I am still here, but I do tend to be tied up having dialysis three times a week. That and work and there isn't enough time to do other things.
Here's an update:

I had my annual review a week or so ago, and I am 6th on the list (for my blood type)for a transplant down at Fletcher Allen. However, we are combined with Albany, NY so there may a few people ahead of me down there. One good note, because I am in the top 10 here, my name and bloodwork are being compared to any kidney that does come along.
I talked with the transplant coordinater last October. At that time, she said organ donations were down across the country. Usually they do 50 transplants in a year at Fletcher Allen. Last year they were projecting 35.
All I know is that when the phone call comes, it will be unexpected, and at a very inopertune time.

I will definitely let you know when the call comes in.

Mike

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
tweetie1
: 71

« #1 : February 17, 2013, 04:10:14 PM »

Mike- SO GLAD to see you on here...I was ready to send the scouts out to find you...Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers....

From your ex neighbor down by the BRIDGE...
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #2 : February 17, 2013, 06:10:00 PM »

We are all rooting for you, Mike. 
johnmitchell
: 62

« #3 : February 25, 2013, 12:06:08 PM »

As regards organ doners in Vermont, we are amongst the lowest states in the nation as a percentage of population that is registered.  As being one of the most liberal states relating to welfare, unemployment, health care, etc., one would think that we would also be giving of our organs upon death.  Something to think about for all those who could be doners.  John Mitchell
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #4 : February 25, 2013, 02:44:13 PM »

I have been a registered organ donor since I was 20yrs. old.  If I can save someone with an organ that I will obviously no longer need, then that is how I want to go and be remembered.  I can't wait to see that post Mike of you on your way to get a new kidney!!

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
: [1]  
« previous next »
: