Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:49:27 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Missing Child
« previous next »
: [1]
: Missing Child  ( 6160 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« : November 25, 2012, 08:05:03 AM »

Search for Missing Child in Sunderland

Sunderland, VT - On November 24, 2012 at approximately 2:45PM the Vermont State Police received a call regarding a missing child, identified as Joseph “Jo Jo” McCray  age 6 of Arlington, was last seen today at 1:00PM. Jo Jo went hunting with his family in the wooded area off US Route 7, Exit 3, Sunderland. When they entered the woods, the family spread out and Jo Jo went off by himself. He did not meet up at the arranged time or place.

Jo Jo does not have any known medical conditions. Jo Jo is not an experienced hunter and is not familiar with the area. He was not carrying a cell phone nor radio and he did not have a firearm while hunting.

He is described as a white male, 4’6” tall, 60 lbs with short dark blonde hair and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing camouflage coveralls, red plaid jacket, and maroon winter hat. A photo is attached; his hair no longer has the red that is depicted in the photo.

Members from the Vermont State Police Search and Rescue, Fish and Game, Vermont State Police K9 unit, and local fire departments have been notified and are assisting in the search. A Customs and Border Protection air and marine unit helicopter is on scene to assist in the search. Search efforts will continued throughout the night.

The Vermont State Police encourage anyone that may have seen Jo Jo or has information regarding his whereabouts to please call the Shaftsbury Barracks at 802-442-5421.

« : November 25, 2012, 08:14:38 AM Henry »

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
sdogallen
: 51

« #1 : November 25, 2012, 08:38:48 AM »

This is sad. I pray to God this has a happy ending but who in their right mind would let a 6 yr. old go off by himself under those conditions. I just can't believe it. Praying hard for this child.
fletchtb
: 310

« #2 : November 25, 2012, 10:12:42 AM »

He was found alive and well at 9:30am this morning!

http://www.wcax.com/story/20178397/update-missing-boy-found-safe
« : November 25, 2012, 10:16:37 AM fletchtb »
treebeard34
: 103

« #3 : November 25, 2012, 11:37:16 AM »

Very glad the little boy is ok, but MAD as hell, what are people thinking, this little boy is 6....... spread out son I think I hear one... really

Mark Teague
Chris Santee

« #4 : November 25, 2012, 11:40:02 AM »

thanks, fletchb, alive and well, but being checked out.

Thank you, God, for answering our prayers.
Now that that is over, I'm hoping for an investigation.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Chris Santee

« #5 : November 25, 2012, 01:56:10 PM »

Update, Missing Child Found Alive in Sunderland

Sunderland, VT – Today at approximately 9:30AM Joseph “Jo Jo” McCray  age 6 of Arlington was located alive and well by a ground search team. Jo Jo was located approximately 1 ¾ miles from where he was last seen off of US Route 7, Exit 3, Sunderland where he was hunting with his family.

Jo Jo was able to walk out of the woods on his own; but will be evaluated as a medical precaution.

All units are clearing the scene. No one was injured during the course of this search and rescue effort. There were approximately 120 volunteers and members from the Vermont State Police Search and Rescue, Fish and Game, Vermont State Police K9 unit, and local fire departments that assisted in the search. A Customs and Border Protection air and marine unit helicopter and Vermont Army Aviation helicopter both responded to assist in the search.

The Vermont State Police appreciates all of the help and support of the assisting agencies, volunteers, and media in bringing this incident to a positive resolution.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
tfence
: 257

« #6 : November 25, 2012, 05:50:57 PM »

we all have definitly witnessed a miracle here.

We are here for all your Outdoor Living Needs.
visit us at http://feerickfence.com/
also check us out on facebook
: [1]  
« previous next »
: