Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:00:00 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Status Update
« previous next »
: [1] 2
: Status Update  ( 12221 )
Dick Brown
: 414

« : November 16, 2012, 06:13:21 PM »

If this note offends anyone , I'm sorry , but it's the most efficient way to greet my friends.
After another hospitalization I've decided to enter the local Home Hospice Program .My quality of life is really poor and at age 76 , I think it's time . Thanks to all for their friendship and messages. I have really enjoyed being a part of Fairfax.
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : November 16, 2012, 07:11:05 PM »

Dick, you are now and always will be a part of Fairfax.  I do hope you will be able to continue to post - You have such a wealth of knowledge about Fairfax.  Everyone looks forward to hearing from you

Henry Raymond
cu_soon_pam
: 21

« #2 : November 16, 2012, 10:00:03 PM »

Yes. Mr. Brown please continue to use Henry's website to keep in touch with us. I enjoy hearing anything you have to say. I'm thinking you will feel better once pitchers and catchers report. Take care.
                                                                                                                                                  Craig Stewart
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #3 : November 17, 2012, 06:32:46 AM »

All the best and thank you, Dick Brown.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #4 : November 17, 2012, 06:58:40 AM »

Peace to you, Mr. Brown.  I am deeply involved in Hospice here in Franklin County and I know you will be cared for lovingly and well.  Blessings to you and your family.
janet
: 51

« #5 : November 17, 2012, 09:05:36 AM »

Thank you for all your imput and informative information about Fairfax you have shared with all of us over the years.  Hope you will be feeling better very soon.  Please keep posting here on this site. We look forward to hearing from you.  Prayers going out to you and your family.
Suzy
: 429

« #6 : November 17, 2012, 12:42:10 PM »

Thinking of you, and hoping you aren't in pain.  Lots of love, Suzy
dmgp1978
: 24

« #7 : November 17, 2012, 01:07:32 PM »

Dear Mr. Brown,

Sorry to hear your latest update.  Sending lots of good thoughts your way.  Thanks for everything you've done for BFA and Fairfax.  You are an all around great guy.  Hugs.

Dawn Groseclose Pelkey
NorthFairfaxBoy
: 346

« #8 : November 17, 2012, 01:30:05 PM »

Mr. Brown,
Please know you are in all our hearts, thoughts and prayers.  You always made the best decisions for us as students of BFA, so I am sure this is also the best for you. 

Brian Farris
Class of 1987

Brian Farris

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
Margie
: 156

« #9 : November 17, 2012, 04:09:28 PM »

Mr. Brown, my heart is saddened from reading your post.... I said to Mike back when you were in the hospital the last time there should be certain constants in life.  And for me, you are one of those things.

You played a very important part in my life as I grew up.  I've enjoyed having your support and encouragement since I was 9 years old.  I am a better person because of what you taught me and so many other young people in Fairfax and the surrounding communities.

Thank you for everything.  Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers....and sending lots of love your way.  And to the rest of the family.

~Margie Cain
treebeard34
: 103

« #10 : November 17, 2012, 04:15:56 PM »

Mr Brown,

You also played a big part in my life. I showed up in Fairfax knowing not many people and you made me feel welcome. The hundreds of friends I have today all started with your hand on my shoulder welcoming me to the town and introducing me around. I hope all the best for you.

Mark Teague
Class of 84

Mark Teague
Suzy
: 429

« #11 : November 17, 2012, 04:38:05 PM »

I just want to echo what Brian and everyone else said.  You did make good decisions for all of us.  I remember getting in trouble in second grade.  I wrote a note to Todd Wimble calling someone a "retard," or was involved with the note passing somehow.  Anyway, I learned a valuable lesson that day in the Parish Center, and into my adulthood I become very upset when I hear people use the expression, "retarded."  So, hopefully, because of your influence I have become a more sensitive and caring person.  You were our cheerleader, and took interest in our lives, and the lives of our families, and you still do.  Thank you so much for all you have done for our community! 
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #12 : November 18, 2012, 08:00:25 AM »

Mr. Brown, I am so sadden to hear you are struggling. I, like others, have great respect and appreciation for what you did in the town of Fairfax.  I take many of the lessons today and apply them in my work environment.  One in particular, always has been one I use, You giving people "Clean Slate" when an issue occurred and it was addressed. Tomorrow was a new and fresh day with you. I know so many that will always rememeber the lessons and fairness you provided.

You kept several that may have gone down the wrong path of life on the straight and narrow.  You truly have been and always will be an inspiration!

Love and Prayers to you~Mary Kay Raymond

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
rvkids
: 19

« #13 : November 18, 2012, 10:17:42 AM »

Dear Mr. Brown.   Thank you for all you have done for school in my book you were the best principle we ever had. D.Jay and I wish you all the best and please know your in our prayers. Also know Larry thinks of you often and wishes all the best for you.

Prayers and thoughts. D.Jay and Kathy Leach
MikeF9
: 1994

« #14 : November 18, 2012, 11:44:11 AM »

I have trying to think of something to say without it sounding like a eulogy.

Thank you, Mr. Brown, for being a part of my life. You are always there with kind words or encouragement.Your dedication and committment to BFA-Fairfax and the community will never be forgotten. I will always remember your quote from your retirement party-"People ask me where I am from and I will answer, I was born in Bethel, but I'm from Fairfax."

Best wishes, Mr. Brown.

Mike Cain

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: