Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:43:04 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Tales Of Our Community
| | |-+  Fairfax Village At The Turn Of The Century
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fairfax Village At The Turn Of The Century  ( 7041 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 28, 2007, 08:18:54 AM »

Hi All,

In keeping with our Fairfax Historical Society Meeting this Sunday and Mike Cain's comment about nothing except fields beyond the school, below is a photo taken in 1904, even before The Principal's House was built (Town Clerk's Office):

Now if you would like to look at a larger photo, click on the following link:

Now you will note that way in the upper right there is a little white house.  That is my former house at 80 Fletcher Road, while the buildings down near the river are the Old Toll House.  Back up on the hill behind the Toll House is Mike & Margie Cain's House.  You can see the old BFA which had just been built and of course the Rec Path is all meadow.[/b]
« : September 28, 2007, 08:33:43 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Harold
: 45

« #1 : November 08, 2012, 09:49:21 PM »

Henry;

First off, thank you for managing this site.  There is obviously a great deal of work that you put into curating it. 

Secondly, would you happen to have or know where to find any historical pictures of our section of Main St?

Thanks again,
Harold.

"If you don't know where you are, you don't know who you are."
-Wendell Berry
: [1]  
« previous next »
: