Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:57:14 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  Reviews
| | |-+  Windows 8
« previous next »
: [1]
: Windows 8  ( 5157 )
nhibbard
: 393

« : October 29, 2012, 07:30:35 PM »

It's very different and interesting. If you don't like computers and know how to use Vista or Windows 7, I'd avoid it for now. If you like touch screens or new technology, it's about the most affordable and interesting change since the XP/7 change. Tiles open the applications and it's designed for one thing at a time. I found that using the search function helps overcome a lot of the hunting that comes with big changes. The tablets are a little pricey compared to an iPad for the first version. I've tried it on a convertible netbook, Dell Inspiron Duo, with a touch screen and it was neat.

Check around for cheap early upgrades, I hear prices might go up after the introductory period is done.
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #1 : November 09, 2012, 11:04:46 PM »

We were bs'ing around the job trailer and I had to pose the question, "I wonder how many people will upgrade from WIN 7 to 8 and try to call tech support, or search windows help, to find out why their touchscreen isn't working after installing?"

: [1]  
« previous next »
: