Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:59:56 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  Reviews
| | |-+  Moneyball
« previous next »
: [1]
: Moneyball  ( 4546 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : July 12, 2012, 10:01:26 PM »

There have been some great movies centered around the game of baseball.
Field of Dreams. Bang the Drum Slowly. The Natural. A League of Their Own. Bull Durham.
You can add Moneyball to the list.
Outstanding casting. Brad Pitt deserved his Oscar nomination as did Jonah Hill. Phillip Seymour Hoffman was wonderful as manager Art Howe. Some of his actions as manager reminded me of John Gillis when he was baseball coach at BFA. It was that realistic.
Watch this movie, and you too, can be "romantic about baseball".

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
GamingWeasel
: 184

« #1 : October 10, 2012, 11:36:34 AM »

We did not like Moneyball.  We thought the story itself would have been interesting, but it was done badly, and in a boring manner.  It was a long movie, that seemed even longer due to being uninteresting.  Not even good for a Mystery Science Theater 3000 movie. ;)

Most people seem to disagree with us though.

Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
nhibbard
: 393

« #2 : October 22, 2012, 09:54:45 PM »

Mike, I love your movie taste. Redford in The Natural was great.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: