Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 03:05:51 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Meetings On The New Town Office - Oct 18th & November 3rd
« previous next »
: [1]
: Meetings On The New Town Office - Oct 18th & November 3rd  ( 5591 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : October 12, 2012, 09:58:38 AM »

Hi Henry,

The attached postcard (which will also be mailed today to everyone in Fairfax) contains information about two upcoming meetings concerning the proposed new Town Office.

Those who have absentee ballots, and who have not yet turned them in, might wish to attend, to learn more.  So should everyone else who needs more information.  The actual ballot does not do the proposal adequate justice,
and may in fact be a bit confusing.

« : October 12, 2012, 10:01:27 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #1 : October 12, 2012, 01:35:58 PM »

Henry, not having gone to the informational meeting about a new town hall, I don't know what the new location and new costs are---or rather I should say, I think I have an idea but don't know if it is correct.  Could you post that information for those of us uncertain as to the new location/costs?  Thank you!
Henry
Administrator

« #2 : October 12, 2012, 01:51:56 PM »

Skip, do you have some minutes you would like me to post??  I am merely the Messenger here and post only what you send me regarding the Town Matters.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #3 : October 13, 2012, 06:35:08 AM »

Hi Henry,

In response to the query on your forum about cost and location of the Town Office proposal, I will send along, early next week, the slides from the presentation that will be shown at next Thursday's meeting.

In the meantime here's a preview:
Cost:  not to exceed $1,460,000.
This includes land, design and engineering, construction and finance cost.  It also includes 8% contractors profit and 10% contingency.  The cost will be partially paid by Impact fees, paid by the developers of new homes in Fairfax.  We estimate that over the 20 year finance period of the project we could collect approximately $292,000 in Impact fees. This would reduce the cost to the taxpayers to $1,168,000.  This compares to $1,750,000., which was the estimated taxpayer cost in last years proposal. We have also boosted the finance cost well above the the current interest rate just to be on the safe side.

There is much more information, so I encourage people to try to come to one of the information meetings listed on the postcard.

Skip Taylor for the Town Office Committee

Henry Raymond
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #4 : October 13, 2012, 07:23:54 AM »

Thank you, Skip and Henry! I had the right location, but no figures.  it sounds promising.
Henry
Administrator

« #5 : October 16, 2012, 08:19:54 AM »

Hi Henry,

In addition to the Community Discussion this Thursday, Oct. 18th at 7 PM in the BFA Multi-Purpose Room, we will be holding a second public meeting on Saturday, November 3rd, at 9 AM, also BFA Multi-Purpose Room.  These meetings are to educate voters and answer questions about the proposal for a new Town Office in Fairfax, which will appear as Article 1 on a green ballot on election day.  The wording of the Article  reflects the contribution of three attorneys, and may not be as clear as we would have liked, but it meets the requirements of State Statutes.

I am forwarding you a copy in advance of a postcard that will be mailed in a week or so, which provides background information the voters may find helpful.  We also have a large display in the Town Office with lots of detail, and copies of the slides which will be used at this Thursday's Community Discussion are also available.

I hope you can post this under current news and events, where I suspect it will get the most attention.

Thanks,
Skip Taylor for the Town Office Committee

Henry Raymond
gasman353

« #6 : October 16, 2012, 12:01:03 PM »

What is so special about this building for it to cost $1million? The land definetly is no more than $200k or so. So where does almost $1.5million come from? Seems to me the vault doesn't need to be much more than a poured concrete room with a reinforced door. Can you explain why so much? I think alot of people want to know.
Henry
Administrator

« #7 : October 16, 2012, 12:18:08 PM »

Henry Raymond
gasman353

« #8 : October 17, 2012, 06:33:21 PM »

How much is the land???
: [1]  
« previous next »
: