Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:01:54 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Photos From Don Pigeon's Retirement Party
« previous next »
: [1]
: Photos From Don Pigeon's Retirement Party  ( 6713 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 28, 2012, 06:19:21 PM »

I've tried to put some captions with names, but some of the names escape me or I may have the wrong name, feel free to let me know if I have made some errors, which I most likely have - A few of the photos are a little blurry - I don't take many photos any more as it is to hard to get around and hold the camera steady - Hopefully you will get the idea of what happened at the retirement party - Don Pigeon is a great man and we will all miss him and his talent a lot.

Bob Horr, Chris Santee and Don Pigeon

Mildred Warren, Sharon Horr and Larry Leach

?, Brian King, Jim Woodward and Al Daniels

Nancy Wilkins Barrows Liberty, Sara Villaneauve, Peggy Gilbert & Sally Sweet

Peggy Gilbert & Sally Sweet (Caught by surprise)

Pete King, Ginnette Pigeon and Nancy Ladd

Ruth Burleson - Sorry about catching you with your eyes closed

Mildred Warren, Sue Mitchell, Janet Coon, Ginette Pigeon, Gary Gilbert, Ginette's grandson, Nancy Ladd and Peggy Gilbert - Don Pigeon had just passed the duty on to Sue Mitchell to put on Ginette's Corsage

Peggy Gilbert helps Sue Mitchell put on Ginette's corsage while Don chats with Gary Gilbert

Jim Woodward, Brian King, Del Sweat, Doug & Peg Stewart

Larry Leach, Mike Cain, Paul & Pauline Lavallee, Al Daniels with his daughter Sara

John Mitchel, Don Pigeon and Gary Gilbert

Gary Gilbert wishing John Mitchell Good Luck as Don gets ready to eat his cake

Joey Pigeon and Lena Meunier

Todd Pigeon & Jim Meunier

Eastman's Bakery made the cake, I believe

Peter King presents Don Pigeon with a stuffed beaver as a reminder of the beaver problem on Meade Road

Don smiles as Peter reminisces on the situation

A little blurry, but here is the actual presentation

Don gives Peter a profound thank-you

Don's family was in attendance, so asked Ginette to get them together for a photo

Another photo of Don Pigeon's whole family including his grandchildren minus the two daughters in law

DJ Leach and David Shea

Don Pigeon, Ian Mercer and Edwina Bartley

Jim, John & Marge Ellsworth

Toby Quick & Joey Pigeon

Don looking for help to cut the cake

No one volunteered, soooooooo

He started to do it himself

Until Daughter Amy and Randy Devine took over - Then the grandchildren arrived
« : September 28, 2012, 06:55:24 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #1 : September 28, 2012, 07:02:26 PM »

Thank you for the photos, Henry.  It seems as though there was a nice gathering to congratulate Don on his retirement.  Well done, good and faithful servant of the Fairfax community!  You kept us safe!
Dick Brown
: 414

« #2 : October 01, 2012, 06:21:56 PM »

Henry    Great photos capturing the feelings of the Community about Don & his family. As you probably know , Don was a junior at BFA when I began teaching at the school , and certainly was extremely popular with his class , 1964 , along with his siblings . His mom , of course was well known as an Elementary Teacher , but she made all of her kids toe the line.
Don , Ginette, Joey, Todd and Amy are a great family and all have contributed to Fairfax . Thanks for the posting, because these also gave me a chance to view many, many long time friends .
Good luck in your retirement years Don & Ginette.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: