Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:47:53 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  The End Of A Journey - Ed & Helga
« previous next »
: [1]
: The End Of A Journey - Ed & Helga  ( 4039 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 27, 2012, 11:47:25 AM »

Subject: End of Journey

Well, it's over. The journey that took 126 days! We left Fairfax on 23 May 2012 and retunred 26 September 2012. We visited the following states in order: Virginia, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, Wyoming, Montanta, Wyoming, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, California. Nevada, Arizona, Utah, Colorado, Kansas, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and New York. It was a 15,000 mile trip.

Helga and I hope you enjoyed the pics and write-ups. We also hope you got some ideas on where you might visit the next time you're interested in visiting this great country of ours. The next time you're in Vermont stop by and visit. There's plenty of wine, beer and of course movies of the trip. It's going to take a while to make the movies and I'm sure by Janurary I'll be inviting people over.

As to the arrival at Fairfax and the unloading operation, it was a chore! I used the wheel barrel to cart the wine from the trailer to the garage and then hand-carried into the seller. I haven't counted all the bottles, but 80 were taken from underneath the bed! Other bottles were stored in cartons of various sizes about the bed and also carted out by wheel barrel. It took me most of the day to unlopad the trailer, and I still haven;t got to the trailer underneath compartments!

Oh, Helga says she gained 4 lbs. I think I lost weight.

Ed and Helga

Henry Raymond
ssweet
: 300

« #1 : September 27, 2012, 11:51:13 AM »

Ed and Helga, 

I certainly enjoyed all the wonderful pictures and narrative.  It was very educational and sounds like a wonderful trip.  Thanks for taking the time to enlighten us all.

Sally
« : September 27, 2012, 11:53:12 AM ssweet »
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #2 : September 27, 2012, 04:06:46 PM »

Thanks, Ed & Helga, I enjoyed your trip very much.
Welcome back to the best place in the USA.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Mojovt
: 77

« #3 : September 27, 2012, 11:32:24 PM »

I enjoyed following your trip as well! Thank you for sharing!

Scott Day
Luap
: 26

« #4 : September 28, 2012, 06:38:15 AM »

That was a great trip. I hope I can trace your trip someday.
Razzle Dazzle

« #5 : October 01, 2012, 05:18:51 AM »

I also enjoyed following you along on your trip.
Thanks for sharing!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: