Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:49:52 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  McLaughlin, Moss Snubbed from Candidate Forum
« previous next »
: [1]
: McLaughlin, Moss Snubbed from Candidate Forum  ( 2159 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« : September 25, 2012, 02:08:26 PM »

McLaughlin For Senate
4181 State Park Road
Enosburg Falls, Vermont 05450
802-933-6549
mclaughlinforsenate@ymail.com

25 September, 2012                                                                                                                    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Judith McLaughlin
mclaughlinforsenate@ymail.com

Judith McLaughlin, an independent candidate for the Vermont State Senate for Franklin County and Alburgh requests a public explanation on why the sponsors of a State Senate Candidates Forum, held October 4th, at the MVU Theater, have failed to include all Franklin County Senate candidates.  Both McLaughlin and Peace and Prosperity candidate Peter Moss were not invited to the forum. 
The Senate Candidates forum is moderated by Marty Manahan, and sponsored by:
THE FRANKLIN COUNTY BUSINESS & PROFESSIONAL WOMEN
FRANKLIN COUNTY INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT CORP.
FRANKLIN/GRAND ISLE WORKFORCE INVESTMENT BOARD
FRANKLIN COUNTY REGIONAL CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
NORTHWEST REGIONAL PLANNING COMMISSION
“What I find extremely disconcerting” said McLaughlin “is that these are highly regarded professional organizations within Franklin County, as well as the State of Vermont.  Their flyer encourages people to be informed when they go to the polls in November.  So why are they attempting to silence voices that do not advocate a pure party platform?   Why are they promoting a partisan election for the citizens of Franklin County and Alburgh?”     
McLaughlin is a retired Lieutenant Colonel with the Vermont National Guard, as well as a former diplomat, educator and small-farm business owner.   As an Independent candidate, McLaughlin is campaigning with a 4-point platform: Diversified Agriculture, Rural Youth, Affordable Energy and Entrepreneurship. 
This is the very reason why I chose to run as an independent” stated McLaughlin.  “If these organizations willingly attempt to silence independent thinkers, as well as exclude bona-fide senatorial candidates, we must ask ourselves if we should begin to view their organizations as myopic special interest groups, with nothing more in mind than the promotion of their special interest candidates.”
Asked if she will attend the forum, McLaughlin paused and then stated, “You know, perhaps I will.  If I do, you will find me outside wielding a huge sign asking these supposedly non-partisan organizations, along with the Democrats and the Republicans what are they afraid of.”

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
: [1]  
« previous next »
: