Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:30:22 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Weekend Fire in Cambridge
« previous next »
: [1]
: Weekend Fire in Cambridge  ( 2077 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« : September 24, 2012, 05:46:00 AM »

STATE OF VERMONT DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
VERMONT STATE POLICE PRESS RELEASE

CASE#:  12A103734
TROOPER:  Det. Sgt. Michael Manley and Inv. Stanley Baranowski
STATION:   Bradford
CONTACT#:  222-4680

DATE/TIME:  09-22-12    approx. 2315 hrs

VICTIMS:  Norman (age 46) and Susan Miller (age 49)
CITY, STATE OF RESIDENCE:  139 Thompson Road, Cambridge VT

SUMMARY OF INCIDENT:  On 09-22-12, at approximately 2315 hrs, the Cambridge Fire Department responded to a structure fire at 139 Thompson Road in the town of Cambridge.  Upon arrival, firefighters found the rear of the residence to be fully involved.  The residence was unable to be saved and is considered a total loss.  The Cambridge FD was assisted by the Underhill/Jericho FD, Johnson, FD, and Fairfax FD.  Cambridge Rescue also responded and transported Norman Miller to Fletcher Allen Health Care for second degree burns to the bottom of his feet and fingertips.  Miller suffered the burns while attempting to extinguish the fire and was treated and released.  A firefighter fell approximately eight feet off a deck but was NOT injured.

At the request of the Cambridge FD, the Vermont State Police Fire Unit and the Vermont Department Fire Safety responded for an origin and cause investigation.  The investigation determined Norman and Susan Miller woke up to the sound of their dog barking and smoke alarms going off.  They observed the exterior of the house to be on fire and were able to call 911 and escape the residence with their dog.  The fire spread inside the residence making it a total loss.  Unfortunately, two cats were unable to escape the residence and perished in the fire.  The fire was ruled accidental and was most likely started when embers from an outdoor fire pit blew out and landed on outdoor furniture near the residence.  The fire is not suspicious.

The damages are estimated to be approximately $350,000.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
: [1]  
« previous next »
: