Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:53:53 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Imogene At Church This Morning - Turns 103 Years Young On Thursday
« previous next »
: [1]
: Imogene At Church This Morning - Turns 103 Years Young On Thursday  ( 4605 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 23, 2012, 11:30:08 AM »

Imogene Collins will reach the unbelievable age of 103, this coming Thursday.  Imogene still lives in her own home and I believe that some of her children, daughters-in-law take turns coming to stay with her so whe will not be alone since she took a fall last year.  Imogene is at the 11 a.m. Mass every Sunday at St. Luke's in Fairfax.  I will link some of the stories that have been done about this remarkable as soon as I locate them.

In case you want to send Imogene a note, her mailing address is 857 Buck Hollow Road, Fairfax, Vt 05454

Sara Cummings did a story on Imogene and if you would like to read it, you can click on the following link:

http://www.vtgrandpa.com/forum/index.php?topic=581.0

Lisa Boucher also did a story on Imogene and if you would like to read that one also, click on the following link:

http://www.vtgrandpa.com/forum/index.php?topic=7142.0
« : September 23, 2012, 11:42:03 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #1 : September 23, 2012, 04:17:19 PM »

i dont see any like buttons ...so 2 thumbs up,happy birthday too you
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #2 : September 24, 2012, 05:36:28 PM »

Imogene is an inspiration for sure!  I have to admit there are those Sundays where I would rather sleep in and be lazy, but I know Imogene is going to mass and that gives me an ole kick in the butt!

Truly an amazing lady and a wonderful family!

Happy Birthday Imogene!!!! ~Mary Kay Raymond

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Henry
Administrator

« #3 : September 25, 2012, 09:36:25 AM »

Yesterday's St. Albans Messenger carried a small photo and short write-up on the front page:

Imogene Collins, Fairfax's oldest citizen, will be 103 this Thursday.  Here she walks out of St. Luke's church following the 11 a.m. Mass on Sunday.  Behind her is her daughter-in-law, Betty Collins.  Imogene has lived in Fairfax for half of her life.  She was born in Fairfield to Terrence and Alice Roddy and is now the matriarch of five generations of her family.  She told the Messenger in 2009 that she has been a Boston Red Sox fan since she was in the third grade.  She also roots for the Boston Celtics.  She also said most people slow down by 80, but she hasn't.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #4 : September 27, 2012, 10:04:30 AM »

I was up to see Imogene earlier in the week and her grandaughter Sara was there with her.  Sounds like the family has a quiet day planned for her with a Mass at 9 a.m. at St. Lukes, then breakfast at Athena's.

I am sure that Imogene will be hearing some best wishes that probably none of us will ever qualify for:

HAPPY 103RD BIRTHDAY IMOGENE

Henry Raymond
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #5 : September 27, 2012, 10:48:19 AM »

Happy Birthday, Imogene, from the Fairfax News !

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
: [1]  
« previous next »
: