Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:08:04 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  Garden Waste Disposal
« previous next »
: [1]
: Garden Waste Disposal  ( 1842 )
cedarman
: 370

« : September 19, 2012, 09:50:03 AM »

As a result of Vermont's new mandatory recycling/composting rules, Garden waste that could once be bagged and landfilled for PROPER disposal (as recommended for COMMON plant problems like Tomato plants with Blight, or squash plants with Powdery Mildew Disease), can no longer be landfilled (or, can't be landfilled in future years when the policy is fully enforced.

Can our local representatives provide some information on the proper disposal of garden plants impacted with a variety of natural pathogens?   I don't use ANY chemicals in my garden (which is kind of the point of growing my own).  Composting these impacted plants aids in the spread of the diseases in future years.  Most horticultural recommendations advise against burning of impacted plants because many of the spores are not killed, but are merely pushed into the atmospere and spread by the wind when burned.

Are there any resources in the state agriculture department that can provide some solid evidence based recommendations for proper disposal. 
: [1]  
« previous next »
: