Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:33:01 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  52 Years Ago Today
« previous next »
: [1]
: 52 Years Ago Today  ( 7699 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 03, 2012, 08:06:59 AM »

On September 3, 1960 I was the groom at the wedding of Henry & Maryann (Hoben) Raymond - It was a beautiful day like today, only on a Saturday.  We were married in St. Luke's Church, the location now known as Steeple Market.  Our reception was held up at BFA in what is now the old gym.  Many friends and family were in attendance as my mother-in-law, Kay Hoben wanted to make sure she invited just about everybody.  This was the start of a wonderful life together with my wife Maryann, shown with me below and our three daughters, Lynn, Sharon and Mary Kay.  We never had a lot of money, but truly enjoyed almost 50 years of married life, which ended on July 11, 2010.  I am very fortunate to have a wonderful, loving, caring family, which now includes a son-in-law, Mike Empey and two grandsons, Henry and Sam.  In my immediate family, I still have a younger sister, Theresa.

Each day, I thank God for the many blessings he has bestowed upon me and the wonderful life I have had

Henry Raymond
7F24
: 253

« #1 : September 03, 2012, 08:17:26 AM »

We really do need to have a "like" button on this site.
Dick Brown
: 414

« #2 : September 03, 2012, 08:31:05 AM »

Henry        Hope that you also realize that you have made everyone's days better with your actions , including this forum . Enjoy your memories  and your family .
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #3 : September 03, 2012, 09:42:13 AM »

Thank you, Henry, for sharing your thoughts and this delightful photo.  You are blessed, indeed.
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #4 : September 03, 2012, 10:29:46 AM »

It is truly interesting when one looks at old photos like this one here for me.  I look at the little apple tree on the right that I purchased from Stark's Nursery and remember the day that Ralphie's bull next door got loose.  Maryann was at the kitchen shelf making an apple pie and looked out the window to see the bull rubbing his neck up and down the tree breaking it.  I look at my middle daughter Sharon who had just made her first communion that day and remember the family coming up to our place on the Fletcher Road for dinner.  Daughters Lynn & Mary Kay were wearing dresses made by their grandmother, Kay Hoben and that past September, I had been promoted to Middle Management at IBM, a position that I held until my retirement 20 years later.  Hardly seems possible that that photo was taken 40 years ago and I can remember so much about what happened at that time - Ask me what I had for supper last night and it is going to take me a while to remember.  I have always been a big hand to take photos of any occasion - Don't miss that opportunity as in years to come, you too will get the same enjoyment out of them that I do - Even my kids who moaned and groaned about posing for the photos, now enjoy them, even though they are not always pleased at how they looked back then.

Henry Raymond
treebeard34
: 103

« #5 : September 03, 2012, 10:31:23 AM »

you know Henry, my wife thanks you every year for your memories as it will always remind me that today is our anniversary as well. thanks for sharing your memories.

Mark Teague
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #6 : September 03, 2012, 02:07:37 PM »

thats back when life and haircuts were simple
Wanda
: 15

« #7 : September 03, 2012, 05:31:19 PM »

Such wonderful memories Mr. Raymond. They always stay close to the heart. 
johnmitchell
: 62

« #8 : September 03, 2012, 07:58:00 PM »

Henry
 As you know Sue and I have two sons.  Scott lives here in Fairfax and is acitve in the comminity with his family.  Our yougest son, Matthew, is is Los Angeles and so enjoys his connection wth Fairfax through this site.  I thank you for your endeavors and all of us wish you well.  I so enjoy Dick Brownn's input with his recollections and insight over the years.  thanks again and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #9 : September 04, 2012, 10:33:24 AM »

Being fortunate to have been one of their duaghters, I can say I am blessed everyday for having two amazing parents.  Although mom is now gone, we never forget her or her words of wisdom, love, and consistent support. 

When I was little, not much older than this photo, I used to say I was going to build a house right in between Mom and Dad's and Mamere's and Papere's house (now my Aunt Tee's) and at age 29, I did that very thing!

Life as a Raymond girl did/does require many photos and as Dad said, although we groaned about it then, they are priceless pictures to us now.  Now I am the girl carrying my camera around taking photos ;-)

Cherish every moment and be thankful for what you have in your life; not material items, but love, support, family, and friends.  This is why even when things get tough, we just appreciate what we have and work through it.  All things we were blessed to see as an example by being a Raymond girl growing up!

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
: [1]  
« previous next »
: