Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 07:29:57 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fairfax Fire Just Cleared
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fairfax Fire Just Cleared  ( 5059 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 29, 2012, 10:14:36 AM »

Fairfax Fire Cleared a while back from the scene on Brush Road - I have no idea what the call was.

Henry Raymond
logical
: 141

« #1 : August 29, 2012, 11:16:31 AM »

It was a structure fire that was called out around 5AM this morning.
HayesFXFD17
: 125

« #2 : August 29, 2012, 04:42:12 PM »

The Fairfax Fire Department responded this morning at 4:43am to a report of a structure fire at 7 Brush Rd.  First arriving crews found a two story residential structure fully involved with two 120lb propane tanks actively venting.  Defensive operations were established in order to minimized exposure risk to personnel.  Crews remained on scene through the morning conducting overhaul operations and assisting the State of VT fire investigation team into the root cause of the fire.  At this time the cause of the fire is still under investigation.

Justin Hayes, CFI
Fire Chief
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #3 : August 31, 2012, 01:34:55 PM »

Wonder if this is related to a rash of unexplained fires in Franklin County - I understand an old schoolhouse also burned last night at the intersection of West Street & Bradley Road in Fairfield

Henry Raymond
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #4 : August 31, 2012, 02:33:35 PM »

Interesting point, Henry, I'll pass it along.

On 8/31/12 at approximately 2:01 AM the Enosburg Fire Department responded to a barn fire at the intersection of Duffy Hill Road and Tyler Branch Road in Enosburg.  Upon arrival the fire department found a 30 ft x 100 ft barn on fire.  The fire department also discovered a house approximately 1/4 mile up the road from the barn on fire.  The fire department determined the barn could not be saved and began suppression efforts on the house.  The barn and house were a total loss.

During the same time the Fairfield Fire Department was called to respond to a separate barn fire on Duffy Hill approximately 3-5 miles down the road from the Enosburg fires.  While responding to the barn fire, firefighters discovered a bulldozer and brush pile on Chester Arthur Road on fire.  A short time later a school house at the intersection of Bradley Street and West Street in Fairfield was reported as being on fire.

Fire Departments from St. Albans, Sheldon and Fairfax also responded to assist Fairfield and Enosburg.  All the structures involved were vacant at the time of the fires.  No one was hurt as a result of the fire but a combined total of more than $208,000.00 in damage was done.

The Enosburg and Fairfield Fire Departments contacted the Vermont State Police and requested origin and cause investigations be conducted.  State Police Detectives from the Fire Investigation Unit, an accelerant detecting K-9 from the State Police and Fire Investigators from the Division of Fire Safety responded to the scenes on 8/31/12.  The fires at all five scenes were intentionally set.

The State Police is asking anyone with information to call the Vermont Arson Tip Award Program at 1-800-32-ARSON (up to a $5,000.00 reward) or the St. Albans State Police Barracks.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Razzle Dazzle

« #5 : September 01, 2012, 08:07:15 AM »

Franklin County looking for suspected arsonist:
http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/article/20120831/NEWS02/308310013/-1/NEWS/Franklin-County-looking-suspected-arsonist

Hope they catch whoever is responsible.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: