Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:47:50 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Karate Lesson Recommendations for a 5-year old
« previous next »
: [1]
: Karate Lesson Recommendations for a 5-year old  ( 4092 )
fletchtb
: 310

« : August 13, 2012, 09:16:19 AM »

My son is really interested in taking Karate lessons. Does anyone have any recommendations of a good school in the are where he can take lessons?

Thanks,
Todd
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #1 : August 13, 2012, 03:23:31 PM »

dont go to the one in st albans ,i took my kids there and they just played games
fletchtb
: 310

« #2 : August 14, 2012, 11:08:30 AM »

Rowdy Roddy Anode,

Do you know which school it was? I have no idea if there are multiple karate schools in St. Albans and if I should be avoiding the entire city.

rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #3 : August 14, 2012, 12:51:14 PM »

my wife would remember ,cause I threw a fit .I wanted them to learn defensive moves ,get away from moves stuff like that nope we are gonna play games with barney
CLach
: 98

« #4 : August 14, 2012, 01:17:03 PM »

I took my then 4yr old (now 5yrs) son to this place in Milton..... http://martialwayvt.com/webpage.php?webpage_id=6
My wife and I thought they did a great job introducing karate to the kids, they made it a fun learning experience, my son really enjoyed it.  We may be signing him up again after fall soccer is over.  The class is roughly 30-40 mins long.  Keith Miller is the instructor that teaches the classes I believe.  Because my son was 4 at the time he had to be assessed, he was able to try out one class and they determined that he was old enouh to attend the classes.  If children misbehave and dont listen to instructions, thats when I believe there would have been an issue.  Good Luck
: [1]  
« previous next »
: