Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:04:53 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  The Moss Sawbuck
« previous next »
: [1]
: The Moss Sawbuck  ( 3457 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 01, 2012, 06:40:16 PM »

2012 PEACE AND PROSPERITY CANDIDATE

Independent PETER MOSS FOR U.S. AND VERMONT SENATE

P.O. Box 413, Fairfax, Vermont 05454
phone and fax 802-849-2108

peter28moss@gmail.com

http://petermoss.org/book/index.html  

THE MOSS SAWBUCK

Sawbuck is slang for the ten-dollar bill, and is based on the Roman numeral interpretation of the ‘X’ shape of the device holding wood to be sawed. Below I am proposing ten legislative bills that I will introduce if elected.

Mike Murphy’s recent column titled “The Past Is History – Candidates, we know what you have done. Now tell us what you’re going to do.” TIME, April 23, 2012, page 24. Murphy was, of course, addressing Obama and Romney but I believe his admonition should apply to all candidates for elective office, hence THE MOSS SAWBUCK, below.

I)                   Single Payer Health Care now to eliminate for-profit insurance

II)                Single term of office to replace professional career politicians

III)             Fairness Doctrine Law to level playing field and end buying office

IV)             Senior Amendment so obligation to seniors will be the senior obligation of the U.S. and tax forwarder office to collect Vermonters' federal taxes and tax returns

V)                Initiative, Referendum and Recall by televoting for real voter control

VI)             Cooperatives, not Corporations, to end corporate control of legislation

VII)          Evaluate Lobbies as good and bad, and eliminate bad lobbies

VIII)       Replace Judges with Justice and end the law business

IX)             Choice of jury duty or legislative service for jury pool volunteers

X)                Suffrage and legislative service limits for political conservatism handicapped

Brevity is the soul of wit.  A BBC study of developed nations found the U.S. the most corrupt.

We can become the least corrupt in one biennium by implementing the Moss Sawbuck.  Thanks.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: