Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:20:04 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Mike Williams Comments On The New Scoreboard
« previous next »
: [1]
: Mike Williams Comments On The New Scoreboard  ( 2120 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 27, 2012, 12:56:25 PM »

This past spring, longtime Fairfax football matriarch Karen McNall and I formed a committee (of 2!) to garner support for a scoreboard that could be used by youth softball and baseball in the spring and youth and high school football in the fall.
The Patriots Youth Football organization allowed us to fundraise through PYF (a 501C-3 non-profit) in order to allow the sponsors tax benefits on their donations….and off it went.
Fairfax now has the shiniest and one of the biggest, scoreboards in the state and at no cost to the local taxpayer.
The following local businesses, organizations and individuals are to be thanked for their generous donations and contributions to the project:

New England Dairy AssociationSmugglers’ Notch Resort
Apex Sealing, Inc.Going Places Learning Center
ASM Driving SchoolBFA Boosters for Athletics
WireNuts ContractingFeerick Fences
Fairfax PharmacyFairfax Family Physical Therapy
MaplefieldsGreenleaf Forestry
Rowley Fuels & PropaneMilton Dental Associates
Carolyn BranaganRoss’s Auto Repair, Inc.
TotalHomeCenterBuck Hollow Lawn Care
Claussen’sJ&L Hardware
Karl LaborFriends of Fairfax Football Boosters, Inc.
Patriots Youth Football, Inc.Vermont Display
DaktronicsBFA, Buildings and Grounds personnel
Fairfax Recreational ParkDJ’s Tree Service
Doug StewartDick Hebert
Vince ReddingGreg Campbell
Glenn McNallMike Clark
Katrina AntonovichChris Letourneau
Tom FeerickDeb Rehbein

However, one person, in particular, is most responsible for this project coming to fruition.  She spent countless hours sending out fundraising letters, securing bids from local vendors, setting up contractors,  communicating daily with the scoreboard company, tracking progress, organizing delivery, overseeing installation etc. 

THANK YOU to Karen McNall.

PS…We have come a long way in my seven seasons at BFA – in many, many ways.  It was not too long ago when, down at McNall Field, in the third quarter of a game I watched as our mobile scoreboard drove away because it was needed for another function – I am fairly confident this will no longer happen.  I am very proud to be associated with such a terrific community, thank you to everyone who made this happen for the young people of Fairfax.        Mike Williams
« : July 27, 2012, 02:10:09 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: