Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:56:21 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Accident - Lowell Wind Project
« previous next »
: [1]
: Accident - Lowell Wind Project  ( 3335 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« : July 19, 2012, 06:33:00 PM »

STATE OF VERMONT DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
VERMONT STATE POLICE PRESS RELEASE
MOTOR VEHICLE CRASH

CASE#:12B202256   Trooper : R. Hailey   STATION: Derby   CONTACT#:802-334-8881

DATE/TIME: 07-19-12/ 1716 hours
LOCATION (specific): Interstate 91, MM 162.50 in Irasburg

VEHICLE #1 OPERATOR: Jimmy Maddox                                     AGE:53   SEAT BELT? Yes
CITY, STATE OF RESIDENCE: Gainesville, Texas
DESCRIPTION OF VEHICLE: Tractor and Trailer owned by Lone Star Transportation LLC
DAMAGE TO VEHICLE:  fifth wheel and trailer kingpin

VEHICLE #2 OPERATOR:                                   AGE:    SEAT BELT? Yes
CITY, STATE OF RESIDENCE:
DESCRIPTION OF VEHICLE:
DAMAGE TO VEHICLE:

INJURIES
V # / NAME / CITY, STATE OF RESIDENCE / AGE / SEAT BELT? / NATURE OF INJURY
Unknown

HOSPITAL:
WEATHER: Clear
ROAD COND: Dry

SUMMARY OF CRASH: On July 19, 2012 at approximately 1716 hours while traveling south on Interstate 91 a tractor and trailer unit owned by Lone Star Transportation’s and being operated by Jimmy Maddox over turned while passing through a construction zone in the area of mile marker 162.50. The tractor and trailer were hauling a base column for the Lowell Wind Project. The left tires of the trailer left the paved portion of the Interstate on the east side and went into the soft shoulder. This caused the trailer to overturn in to the median. Due to the over turned trailer Interstate 91 was reduced to one lane of traffic. There were no injuries. Speed was not considered a factor.

Although the Interstate is open to one lane of traffic traveling south, it is expected that later this evening the southbound lane of the Interstate north of exit 26 will need to be completely closed for the removal of the equipment. At this time it is unknown what time it will be.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Scott
: 152

« #1 : July 19, 2012, 06:54:44 PM »

more work of those dang hippy VT ridge protesters!

(kidding)

Regards,
Scott
: [1]  
« previous next »
: