Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 08:31:38 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Photos of St. Anne's Shrine in Isle La Motte
« previous next »
: [1]
: Photos of St. Anne's Shrine in Isle La Motte  ( 11070 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : July 10, 2012, 09:34:50 PM »

Last Sunday, Margie wanted to do something on a beautiful day, so she thought of taking a ride through the Lake Champlain Islands. Camera in tow, I went along.
We ended up in Isle La Motte, and Margie wanted to go to St. Anne's Shrine. The FFW Band had played a concert there back when we were in high school, and Margie had never been back.
Glad I went. Religious significance, yes, but historical ones, too.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : July 11, 2012, 05:05:48 AM »

Thanks for taking the great photos of the Shrine, Mike - I haven't been there in a number of years - They have made a lot of changes and apparently have everything repaired since the high water a while back.  Going to have to take a trip over there one of these days, but always found it to be a long trip.

Henry Raymond
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #2 : July 11, 2012, 05:43:33 AM »

Beautiful photos, Mike, thank you.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
tfence
: 257

« #3 : July 11, 2012, 05:50:25 AM »

Great pictures Mike. My wife and I try to get out there a couple of times a year. This place give such a calm feeling. We light a few candles for loved ones passed. and a few more to ask for help with our adult childrens life paths.

We are here for all your Outdoor Living Needs.
visit us at http://feerickfence.com/
also check us out on facebook
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #4 : July 11, 2012, 10:33:51 AM »

Growing up it was an annual event to go to St. Anne's with my Aunt Tee with my Mémère and my cousins.  They would pack up a picnic and off we would go.  It was my favorite place as a kid for church as I thought it was so cool to be outside!

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Vtsharon
: 25

« #5 : July 11, 2012, 06:40:11 PM »

Great pictures Mike, its been several years since I've been up there but looks just as beautiful as I remember!
MikeF9
: 1994

« #6 : July 11, 2012, 10:24:00 PM »

Glad everyone enjoyed them!

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: