Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:43:39 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  Working Lands
« previous next »
: [1]
: Working Lands  ( 3282 )
Carolyn Branagan
: 365

« : July 10, 2012, 10:01:03 AM »

Last month Act 142, the Working Lands Enterprise/Farm and Forest bill was signed into law. That's the new law designed to strengthen the agricultural foundation of our state economy. I was an original sponsor of the bill, but many worked hard to make sure it could become law including Franklin County's Rep. Norm McAllister. Without his help in the House Agriculture committee, the bill never would have survived.  This bill created the first and only new program in state government since the 2008 recession and will invest and aid farm, forest and value-added entrepreneurs.

Already things are happening. The Working Lands Enterprise Fund is being organized and board members are being appointed. It's exciting to see work underway. The final appropriation was $1,175,000 and the money is being used well.  Money available for this work should increase to about $15 million, a level of investment big enough to create new businesses, jobs, and improve infrastructure.

The Vermont Council on Rural Development with capable Paul Costello at the helm is focusing on these goals:

*Renew the Working Landscape Campaign for the next year.

*Celebrate the leadership of the administration and the progress and successes of the Working Landscape Enterprise Fund and Board.

*Reach out to farm, forest and value added leaders to encourage them to think ahead and advance innovative applications to the fund.

*Build public support to extend and increase funding for working lands enterprises through the fund into the next Legislative session.

By fall you'll be hearing more, so stay tuned for updates. Remember to contact me at cbranagan@leg.state.vt.us  I want to hear from you.

Rep. Carolyn Branagan

Carolyn Branagan
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #1 : July 10, 2012, 01:31:24 PM »

Thanks for keeping us posted, Carolyn.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com