Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 10:36:29 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  The Old Valley Hotel Is Up For Sale
« previous next »
: [1]
: The Old Valley Hotel Is Up For Sale  ( 6281 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 02, 2012, 01:31:16 PM »

One of our oldest Buildings in the center of town is up for Sale.  It is presently owned by Joel & Sandra Gluck - The history that I have on the house goes back to 1842.  When I first moved to Fairfax in 1953, it was owned by Joe Peloquin and was used as an apartment building for some of his employees.  I remember the Gates & Cutting families living there.  I believe that Joel & Sandra have done a lot of work on the place and I have a description of the place from The Vermont Historical Society that you can read if you wish by clicking on the following Link:

http://www.vtgrandpa.com/centhouses/main_1116.html

Here are some of the photos that I have of the house:

« : July 03, 2012, 11:52:28 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #1 : July 02, 2012, 03:02:22 PM »

i bet that costs alot to heat
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : July 02, 2012, 07:35:09 PM »

I know that Joel & Sandra came up to The Fairfax Historical Society Museum and spoke with me when they first bought the place - I was aware they did a lot of work in there, but take a look at their posting on Craigs List:

Absolutely Beautiful Joel & Sandra - Nice to see these old places renovated - I would have never guessed you had done all that.

Henry Raymond
treebeard34
: 103

« #3 : July 03, 2012, 10:17:25 AM »

"The history that I have on the house goes back to 1842.  When I first moved to Fairfax" Jeeze Henry I knew you had been around for a while:}

Mark Teague
tweetie1
: 71

« #4 : July 03, 2012, 12:26:01 PM »

AWESOME-I would never have recognized the building except for its location..What a wonderful job they did inside and out.
tankkingvt
: 17

« #5 : July 03, 2012, 08:04:43 PM »

it was a great place to grow up, easy walk to school for matt and
I
j_gluck
: 38

« #6 : July 14, 2012, 05:01:29 PM »

Henry - thanks for your kind words. It has taken a lot of work to get to this point. We're glad you like what we did.

Regarding the comment about heating. When we first moved in it took 1000 gallons of oil per season to heat the house, but adding insulation and new windows has helped a lot. 5 years ago we installed a high-efficiency wood boiler, with fuel oil backup, in the basement. We fill it twice a day with logs and it keeps the house - and basement - nice and warm. We use about 6-8 cords of wood per season and haven't bought fuel oil since we installed it. The only time we use fuel oil is when we are on vacation.

We're having an open house tomorrow - 7/15 - from 1:00pm-4:00pm for anyone who is interested. You can see a few more pictures at our Picket Fence Preview page
http://www.picketfencepreview.com/buy-a-home/view-property/id/4546

Joel
: [1]  
« previous next »
: