Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 07:23:46 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Huntington Gorge Death
« previous next »
: [1]
: Huntington Gorge Death  ( 6165 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« : June 30, 2012, 08:17:25 PM »

STATE OF VERMONT DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
DIVISION OF STATE POLICE
** PRESS RELEASE **

DATE OF RELEASE:   June 30, 2012   
INCIDENT:   Accidental Death - Drowning

CASE #:           12A102398 – VSP
12RM00561 – Richmond Police Department
INVESTIGATOR:   Det. Sgt. Tara Thomas

DATE & TIME OF INCIDENT: June 30, 2012 @ approximately 1326 hours       
VICTIM:  The victim is identified as 24 year old Rudolf Kiburis of Burlington, VT.

SUMMARY OF INCIDENT:  On June 30, 2012 at approximately 1326 hours the Richmond Police Department responded to the Huntington Gorge located on Dugway Road in the Town of Richmond for a reported drowning.  Richmond Police Department called the Vermont State Police for assistance with the investigation and a detective with the Vermont State Police Bureau of Criminal Investigations along with an Assistant Medical Examiner with the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner responded to the scene to conduct an investigation. 

The investigation revealed at approximately 1300 hours, a 24 year old male from Burlington had arrived at the Huntington Gorge to take friends swimming, an area in which the victim’s friends advised the victim was familiar with and had swam there before.  The male entered the water with a friend and began swimming upstream.  The victim swam ahead of his friend and as described by witness statements, got caught in a current and whirlpool area of the Gorge and was unable to get himself to safety.  The water conditions ultimately pulled the victim under water.   The victim was pulled out of the water a short distance downstream and CPR efforts were administered by two individuals who were swimming in the area, however the victim did not survive. 

The victim was transported to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner’s Office where an autopsy is scheduled to be performed.  Investigation showed no signs of foul play and statements provided to the State Police by several witnessed indicated the victim was familiar with the Gorge and he was able to swim. 

The victim is identified as 24 year old Rudolf Kiburis of Burlington, VT.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
: [1]  
« previous next »
: