Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:56:50 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fairfax Bringing Back Its July 4th Parade
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fairfax Bringing Back Its July 4th Parade  ( 6952 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 01, 2012, 07:16:00 AM »

The Parade is starting at 1 PM from The St. Luke's Parking lot, coming down Huntville Road and turning on to Route 104 (Main Street), then turning on to Hunt Street down to the BFA Parking Lot across from the Rec Park entrance.  I know that there are at least 30 floats involved.  Among the groups involved will be the FFW Band, Fairfax Rescue, Fairfax Fire, which are always a favoritee, some of the Veterans, The Fairfax Historical Society, Rick's Pharmacy, Eastman's Bakery, Minor's Country Store, J&L Hardware, Fairfax Town Road Crew and a number of others.

I, Vtgrandpa will be bringing up the tail end of the parade.  Back many years ago I remember watching the parade and when the Old St. Luke's Rectory was on the corner of Main & Hunt Street took a lot of photos from there.  I understand that John Mitchell, Clip Stewart's son in law will also be in the parade.  Several of our old time favorites used to be Dan Jackson and Chan Cooley with their old cars - I don't know if there will be any old cars in the parade or not, but I am sure it should be great fun to watch.
« : July 01, 2012, 08:55:14 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #1 : July 01, 2012, 11:30:40 AM »

I'm really looking forward to this !

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Henry
Administrator

« #2 : July 01, 2012, 11:39:21 AM »

JoAnne will be out of town, so sure hope somebody takes some photos - I did get a question from the Lake Champlain Local Cable Access about when and where it was - Sure would be nice if they did some videotaping of it.

By the way, Nice job on the signs around town Trevor -

Henry Raymond
Cat

« #3 : July 01, 2012, 02:44:01 PM »

My family & I are looking foward to this...bought our tickets for the Duck race.
petefitz
: 96

« #4 : July 01, 2012, 08:23:39 PM »

The Knights of Columbus will have a float - Is there a registration or do we just show up?  Anyone that would like to join us in decorating the hay wagon can show up at 11 at St. Lukes. 

Peter Fitzgerald
Fairfax, VT
katrinaantonovich
: 162

« #5 : July 01, 2012, 09:16:11 PM »

There is a registration form, we are so happy you can join us!
 If you get the chance, please fill out the form on our website
www.fairfaxrecreation.com
Click on the fourth of july info.
I'll add you to the line up!
Line up begins at noon
I also attached the form here!
trussell
: 870

« #6 : July 03, 2012, 11:25:05 AM »

Thanks Henry, but the signs were a group effort- Katrina and Cody did a lot more on them than I did!

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #7 : July 03, 2012, 12:15:08 PM »

The signs look great!! They are so good that each day I have several emails, FB messages, and phone calls asking what the route of the parade is :-)

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Henry
Administrator

« #8 : July 03, 2012, 02:50:18 PM »

Was down at the Senior Luncheon today and discovered it isn't just the kids that are all excited about the parade.  Mildred Warren will be in the Fairfax Utilities fload and she said she had to rush down to make some banners to go on it.  She wouldn't tell me what it was, but sounds like its going to be a little humorous.

Hope to find someone that will commit to take some photos as there are so many people in the parade, everyone I think of that might take photos is in the parade.  Should be great fun for everyone.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: