Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:46:32 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  Brock v. Shumlin on Health Care
« previous next »
: [1]
: Brock v. Shumlin on Health Care  ( 4508 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« : June 28, 2012, 02:26:51 PM »

Governor Peter Shumlin on Health Care Decision:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JacbaSQOq1g&feature=youtu.be

Supreme Court Decision Postpones the Day of Reckoning for Governor Shumlin
by Randy Brock
Burlington - Today’s Supreme Court decision only postpones the day of reckoning for Governor Shumlin’s TitanicCare health care law. Federal dollars can now temporarily plug the huge holes the Governor’s plan will generate in Vermont’s budget. Let’s be frank about this: TitanicCare is doomed to sink and take all of us with it. It’s just going to sink a teeny bit slower with this subsidy and nobody, not even Governor Shumlin, believes the subsidy will last forever. The Federal government’s long term track record in keeping its funding promises is dismal indeed – look at Medicaid and Special Education, for example. Vermonters better start asking the Governor and his allies in the legislature to explain before this upcoming election how they’re going to rescue us passengers.

Thankfully, all is not lost when TitanicCare sinks. We Vermonters can start asking our political candidates and the news media to look much more closely at much better options. Why can’t we choose from lots of different policies offered by many different insurance companies from other states? A “single payer” one-size-fits-all is not a “choice”! And why are we forced to purchase insurance policies with mandated coverage for every service and product that health care lobbyists can wangle into our laws? Why can’t we choose the coverage we think suits us instead of what government tells us we need? Why can’t we be creative with high deductible plans and employer-subsidized health savings accounts that give consumers incentives to make cost-conscious decisions? Why can’t we permit lower premiums and/or premium rebates for healthy lifestyles, simplify common administrative procedures, and let coverage follow people regardless of where they work? Let’s reform our medical malpractice laws, too, so our doctors don’t order so many tests out of fear of being sued. There are so many common sense changes we can make that don’t cost anything at all!

If Governor Shumlin is honest, he’ll admit his grandiose TitanicCare plan cannot sail very far for very long. As Vermont’s Governor, I will chart a common sense course toward health care reform that everyone can follow; that controls cost, protects consumers, gets government out of the health care management business, and that lets our free enterprise system provide the kind of incredibly inventive and productive health care solutions it constantly creates in transportation, telecommunication and, yes, medicine.

If you don’t like today’s Supreme Court decision or the direction of health care in Vermont, your recourse now is in November. Today’s decision supremely reinforces the fact that elections count.

« : June 28, 2012, 02:29:27 PM Chris Santee »

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
mirjo
: 785

« #1 : July 05, 2012, 04:33:34 AM »

The mediphor is priceless. Unfortunately, nothing logical will ever happen in health care reform until the politicians take their politics out of it.  A single payer plan is not a real option and government controlled anything usually spells trouble--generally sub-standard trouble. However, what's available presently isn't really working either. Some kind of hybrid solution would  work best, it seems. What happened to discussion people and compromise? Montpelier is sounding more like Washington all the time and that's not a good thing. Randy Brock seems like a reasonably intelligent personable guy, I met and spoke with him when he was running for senator. I think I voted for him or considered it anyway. But "Titanicare?" Is that really necessary. Is it helpful? That kind of crap is the last thing we need. Just sit the hell down at the round table and throw out your ideas and come up with a solution for gods sake. The continual P**sing matches about who's better and what sucks is not helping anyone and only serves as a detractor from the real issue. The same on the national level. While "Obamacare" as written may not be the answer, there are good points that need to be considered & kept. it's not us & them, Rep/Dem. That mentality needs to go. It's simply US. One Nation, Under god. So much for indivisible, the republicans & democrats have taken care of that... :/

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
woodstoves2
: 46

« #2 : July 12, 2012, 08:16:38 AM »

We have already indentured our lives and those of our children to the insatiable greed of corporate stockholders and of the predators that work for them.  Could it really be any worse letting the hyenas in government pick over our remains?
mirjo
: 785

« #3 : July 26, 2012, 12:38:44 PM »

It's just all more than a little sickening. Political ideologies and the us vs them mentality has  filtrated pretty much everything. A comment on a story about the Courier couple  tragedy recently was: "The libs have taken over the state."

When a murdered couple can't even go without a BS political statement, I think it's time for everyone to just shut up for 5 minutes and think before saying another word about anything. :/

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
: [1]  
« previous next »
: