Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:37:32 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  High Speed Chase Ends In Ugly Crash Last Night In Swanton
« previous next »
: [1]
: High Speed Chase Ends In Ugly Crash Last Night In Swanton  ( 3833 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 21, 2012, 05:31:37 AM »

SWANTON, Vt. -
A high speed chase ended in an ugly crash last night in Swanton.

It began several miles away in St. Albans town shortly before midnight.

Franklin County sheriff's deputies tried to pull over the car over, but the driver took off.

When the vehicle reached Kellogg Road in Swanton, the driver ran off the road and crashed, hitting a ditch and several trees.

Several people were in the vehicle. At least one person was injured and was rushed to the hospital. There's no word on the extent of injuries.

Henry Raymond
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #1 : June 22, 2012, 01:33:14 PM »

FRANKLIN COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
PRESS RELEASE

TYPE OF INCIDENT:   Police Chase
OFFICER:   Mitchell      
DATE OF INCIDENT:   6/20/2012
TIME OF INCIDENT:   23:00
LOCATION OF INCIDENT:   Lake Road and Brigham Road leading to Kellogg Road and Comstock Road.

NAME:   Daniel Mitchell
ADDRESS:   Burlington

SUMMARY OF INCIDENT:

On 6/20/2012 at approximately 11:00pm I was driving West on Lake Road in St Albans Town. In front of me I observed a silver Honda Civic also driving west. I ran this vehicles plate to learn that the plates attached to the vehicle belong to a Plymouth Neon. I activated my blue lights in an effort to conduct a motor vehicle stop in the area of Lake Road and Brigham Road. The vehicle accelerated heavily when I did this. I then activated my siren and advised my dispatch of the pursuit. I later learned that this he vehicle which was being operated by Daniel and had 3 juvenile passengers.

This vehicle reached approximate speeds of 80 to 90 miles per hour in a posted 40 MPH zone. As the vehicle went around a corner in the area of Church Road and Lake Road, the vehicle lost control and spun around. The vehicle ended the spin still facing west and continued to accelerate away turning north onto Kellogg road, again reaching speeds of 80 to 90mph. While on Kellogg Road the vehicle almost lost control several other times and did not slow or stop the posted stop sign at the intersection of Lower Newton Road and Kellogg Road, nor show any regards to the safety of other motorist on Kellogg Road.

As the pursuit neared the intersection of Kellogg Road and Comstock Road, the vehicle took a left turn too fast and lost control spinning multiple times and crashing into a ditch. After checking on the safety of the occupants Daniel was arrested for Grossly Negligent Operation, Attempting to Elude, Excessive Speed and 3 counts of Reckless Endangerment. Daniel was logged at the Northwest Correctional Facility with a $1000 bond. Daniel will also be receiving multiple traffic violation tickets. This was all captured on video using my in car video system.

Vermont State Police, St. Albans Police, Swanton Police, AMCARE Ambulance and St. Albans Town Fire all assisted me with this case.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
: [1]  
« previous next »
: