Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 12:20:07 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  River Berry Farm is open for Pick-Your-Own Strawberries
« previous next »
: [1]
: River Berry Farm is open for Pick-Your-Own Strawberries  ( 3810 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 10, 2012, 08:40:51 AM »

Hi,

River Berry Farm is open for Pick-Your-Own Strawberries, everyday from 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.  The season is generally about three weeks long, so we should be picking until about the end of June.  I know...it's early.  That also means we will likely be done picking before the 4th of July!  Yaw!! 

Check our web-site, riverberryfarm.com for updates on the berries and what's available at the farm stand.

Here's the details on the berries:  they are organic and are $2.95/lb. for pick-your-own, $6.00/quart for pre-picked which is generally about 1-1/2 lbs,  Please order at least one day ahead if you are wanting 6 or more quarts.   If you order 8 quarts, you get one of those free - $42/8 quart flat.  Freeze for the winter!!

Pick-Your-Own Peas will be ripening shortly, again, check our web-site for updates.

There are still some great flower, vegetable and herbs starts in the greenhouses.  In the farm stand we have:  lettuce, spinach, cucumbers, basil, and eggs.  We should be starting in on tomatoes, zucchini and summer squash by next weekend.

Thanks for all your support and for buying locally. 
It DOES make a difference,

Jane and the rest of us here at
River Berry Farm
« : June 10, 2012, 08:42:39 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #1 : June 11, 2012, 02:58:41 PM »

Wow, $6.00 a quart....   

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
dgardell
: 53

« #2 : June 12, 2012, 10:50:56 AM »

Just got back from picking strawberries at River Berry Farm --- LOVELY berries!  I was able to pick 10lbs in roughly 1 hour and ... I was taking my time!  They are sooo much tastier than the berries you can buy at the grocery, well worth the price.  Thank you River Berry Farm!!!

: [1]  
« previous next »
: