Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:59:29 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Today's Free Press Is A Keeper
« previous next »
: [1]
: Today's Free Press Is A Keeper  ( 3554 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 06, 2012, 06:12:18 AM »

I believe today's Burlington Free Press will be the last one they print in the old large size newspaper, so you might want to save it as a souvenir.  The new version will be smaller and easier to handle to read, the way I understand it.  I started getting my E-Version this past week and have really enjoyed it.  It is the complete Burlington Free Press in digital form.  They e-mail it to me every morning at 5:30 a.m.

I still enjoy the hard copy that is delivered, however don't have to rush out in my pajamas to pick it up.  I usually do a one-word search for Fairfax to see what might be in the paper about Fairfax, so I don't have to do a lot of looking for local stuff.

Technology has come so far in the last 20 years, it is almost scary

Henry Raymond
cassyt
: 84

« #1 : June 07, 2012, 12:10:56 PM »

Hi we got the new paper today and we do not like it.how dose everyone else feel about the paper?
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #2 : June 07, 2012, 01:23:12 PM »

Well, change is always challenging.  My initial reaction is that it is very cluttered and the amount of color on the pages is visually confusing.  But I am sure that once I become accustomed to the new format that will change.   The content seemed  no different.
 My husband was disappointed to say the least in the lack of up to date sports detail.  We looked to see if Fairfax had won last night and there was no mention at all of any local sports.
Oh well, change is hard!!!
gkmcnall
: 130

« #3 : June 07, 2012, 02:22:08 PM »

I agree, Rev. Elizabeth.  Too many ads took away from the news articles.  And no coverage of high school sports that I could find.  I am hoping tomorrow's issue will be a better one. 
janet
: 51

« #4 : June 07, 2012, 03:34:18 PM »

On page 23A below Celtics report there is a notice that local sports scores were not available because of the press changeover.  Hopefully that will be not an ongoing problem.  I agree that it will take a little while to get used to the new size and format of the paper too!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: