Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:15:09 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  BFA Academic All Stars Named
« previous next »
: [1]
: BFA Academic All Stars Named  ( 3030 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 01, 2012, 05:22:42 AM »

Academic All-Stars

Joseph Langelier
School: Bellows Free Academy, Fairfax
Parents: Paul and Karen Langelier
Hometown: Fairfax
Top 5 accomplishments: Vermont football hall of fame inductee 2012; north/south game participant; senior class president; 15 first honors for 15 quarters of high school; accepted into flight school.

In the community:  National Honor Society, St. Luke’s Parish altar server, First Friday trip to a soup kitchen, Youth Winter Arena Flag Football coach.

Favorite spare time activity: Hanging out with friends and family.

After graduation: Florida Institute of Technology for its aeronautical science degree with a flight option.

Career plans: Commercial airline pilot, maybe joining the military for a few years.

Your bedroom in one word: Messy

Dead person to meet: Lt. Michael Murphy. To ask where he got the courage to sacrifice himself for his team.\

Your biography title: “Slow Joe”

Three “luxuries” on a desert island: A really awesome weightlifting set, the Bible, and a smartphone that has all my friends’ numbers in it and has limitless battery life.

Personal motto: “It’s not whether you got knocked down, it’s whether you get back up that counts.”—Vince Lombardi

Leah Lavigne
School: BFA, Fairfax
Parents: Pamela and Richard Lavigne
Hometown: Georgia
Top 5 accomplishments: Performing on the Flynn Mainstage four times during high school; inducted into the National Honor Society as
a sophomore; Phi Beta Kappa Award recipient; singing at Gov. Shumlin’s inauguration with the Vermont Youth Orchestra Chorus; getting accepted to my No. 1 choice for college, Middlebury College.

In the community: Member of the Vermont Youth Orchestra Chorus since 2009, Hugh O’Brian Youth Leadership Conference 2010 participant, student coordinator of High School Friends mentoring program, 100 community service hours in 2011

Favorite spare time activity: Reading with a cup of tea in hand

After graduation: Attending Middlebury College to study English and literature.

Career plans: I’d like to go into publishing or communications.

Your bedroom in one word: Mine (Stay out).

Dead person to meet: Jane Austen, because she understood human nature in a timeless fashion.
« : June 04, 2012, 05:58:57 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: