Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:42:55 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Some Good Deeds By Some Good Neighbors
« previous next »
: [1]
: Some Good Deeds By Some Good Neighbors  ( 2679 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 30, 2012, 04:38:24 PM »

Main reason for note is to comment about yesterdays storm.  I spent the prior 5 days R&R-ing up on Lake Ontario with dear friends, and on the way back yesterday - as I was coming through Tupper Lake - Bob Horr called me to let me know about the weather system I was heading into.  As soon as I came across the Ferry, and was on Rt 2 coming across on the Sandbar - the sky opened up.  It was like a firehose on the car with almost no visibility.  Came up Rt 7 OK, and some trees & branches were down along the Milton/Westford Rd.  Got onto McNall Rd, and all was fine until I got to the McNall's Dairy Barn, and about 6 cars ahead of me were stopped because several LARGE trees were completely across the road - right where it changes from blacktop to dirt.  Trees were about 20"+ at the base.  The McNall boys and several other neighbors were there with chainsaws, and their large tractors, and inside of about an hour - had the road open enough to be passable.  (I regretfully wasn't able to assist in any way because of recent surgery.)  Further down the road a house unfortunately lost a good portion of their roof, and sustained lots of interior water damage until they could get a tarp up there.    I had about 7-8 trees knocked down, and some trim ripped off my house.

I wonder if you might be able to make a special mention of THANKS to the McNall boys for all of their time and effort to make the road passable for the residents of McNall Road.  As if their job isn't already challenging enough to be in the farming/dairy business - they had this additional unexpected work/time/expense in dealing with the aftermath of this storm.  I'm sure that other portions of the town saw some damage, and some teamwork, but it was truly refreshing to see our little neighborhood pull together as best able - to clean up the mess left from the storm.  The McNalls deserve a heaping plate of THANKS!!!!!

Thanks Henry.....fletch!

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : May 31, 2012, 06:53:47 AM »

I received the following note regarding the removal of trees on The Mcnall Road after the storm:

Henry-

In a post dated yesterday, titled, "Good Deeds By Some Good Neighbors", "Fletch" points out the McNalls and neighbors cleared McNall Rd.  I would like to let you know that the people cutting and moving the over 40" Elm were, Dave McNall and his father, Russ Aceto, Russell Senesac, Mike Millette, Jeff W. and one other person whose name now escapes me.

Thanks Henry!

I appreciate this note that I received - Hopefully all those who assisted received credit - If not, please send me a note and I will modify and correct.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: