Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:08:46 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  I-89 Southbound Closed at Exit 11
« previous next »
: [1]
: I-89 Southbound Closed at Exit 11  ( 8844 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« : May 07, 2012, 08:37:24 AM »

STATE OF VERMONT DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
VERMONT STATE POLICE PRESS RELEASE

Crash I-89 SB, Multiple Injuries, Under Investigation
Bolton, VT – 5/7/12 –Interstate 89, southbound, in Bolton continues to have delayed traffic due to a serious vehicle crash. A 911 call came in early this morning reporting a two vehicle crash near mile marker 70.

Bolton Fire is responded for extrication and medical response. Vermont State Police troopers from Middlesex Barracks, along with members of the Crash Reconstruction Team responded to the scene to investigate the crash. Employees from VTrans and the Vermont Division of Motor Vehicles are on scene, helping with traffic control operations.

Traffic is being detoured around the crash scene starting at Exit 11 on Interstate 89, southbound, at Richmond; to Route 2 east to Waterbury; then back onto Interstate 89, southbound. Emergency personnel are also directing traffic through u-turns to help alleviate the congestion. Please cooperate with emergency crews as they work to re-route traffic, safely.

Road delays may several hours while the emergency crews continue their efforts. When the road is clear, an update will be issued. If any other significant changes occur, an update will be issued.

Several people sustained significant injured as a result of the accident. No other specific details are available at this time, as the accident is under investigation.

We encourage travelers to have patience and use caution while emergency crews continue to investigate the crash and safely remove the vehicles involved.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Chris Santee

« #1 : May 07, 2012, 08:38:39 AM »

I-89 southbound at mm 70.2 will be closed until further notice for a 2 car accident. 
Please seek alternative routes.
Another press release will be issued whe the road is reopened.

Alex Tower
PSAP ECD 1 VSP- A Troop
2777 St. George Rd. Williston, VT 05495
802-878-7111

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Chris Santee

« #2 : May 07, 2012, 12:36:01 PM »

I have received word that it is a fatal accident.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #3 : May 07, 2012, 12:59:22 PM »

Fox 44 said it was a triple fatality..... Very Sad. 

Interstate is back open now too.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Chris Santee

« #4 : May 07, 2012, 01:05:00 PM »

Triple Fatal is is !

Update on I-89 SB Crash, Road Reopened, Three Fatalities

Bolton, VT – 5/7/12 –Interstate 89, southbound, in Bolton near mile marker 70 is now clear of emergency vehicles and crash debris. Traffic congestion should dissipate soon and normal traffic patterns should resume.

Members of the Vermont State Police from the Williston Barracks, along with the Crash Reconstruction Team, are still investigating the crash. The vehicle crash can now be verified as a triple fatality. Through the course of the investigation it was learned that the driver and two occupants of a 1997 Subaru Legacy were all killed when it crossed from the northbound lane, across the median, into on-coming traffic in the southbound lane. The Subaru collided with a 2002 Chevy Silverado which was hauling a U-Haul flatbed with a Harley Davidson motorcycle. The driver of the Silverado was transported to Central Vermont Hospital to receive treatment for non-life threatening injuries.

Bolton Fire, Waterbury Fire, Bolton Rescue, and Richmond Rescue responded for extrication, hazmat mitigation, and emergency medical services. Employees from VTrans and the Vermont Division of Motor Vehicles responded to help with traffic control and other incident operations.

The identities of the deceased are being withheld pending notification of next-of-kin. When more information is available an updated press release will be issued.

To date, including today’s crash, there have been 27 traffic fatalities in Vermont. Compared to the same timeframe in 2011 and 2012, there were 14 and 20, respectively.

Correction:
To date in 2012, including today’s crash, there have been 27 traffic fatalities in Vermont. Compared to the same timeframe in 2011 and 2010, there were 14 and 20, respectively.
« : May 07, 2012, 04:59:14 PM Chris Santee »

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Chris Santee

« #5 : May 07, 2012, 04:51:18 PM »

Update on I-89 SB Crash, Identifications Released
Bolton, VT – 5/7/12 – The collision that occurred earlier today, on Interstate 89, southbound, in Bolton involved a 1997 Subaru Legacy driven by Jason Potvin, age 29 of Williamstown, and a 2002 Chevy Silverado driven by John Hill, age 46 of Concord, New Hampshire.

Through the course of the initial investigation, the Vermont State Police learned that the Subaru Legacy driven by Jason Potvin was traveling northbound on Interstate 89 while the Chevy Silverado, which was hauling a U-Haul flatbed with a Harley Davidson motorcycle, was traveling southbound. The Subaru Legacy crossed the median into the southbound lane and struck the Silverado head-on. Interstate 89 was closed for approximately 5 hours while emergency crews tended to the patients, investigated the incident, and cleared the roadway.

The Vermont State Police also learned through the investigation that Jason Potvin was not wearing a seatbelt. April Otis, age 29 of Williamstown, was in the front passenger seat and was also not wearing a seatbelt. Hunter Potvin, 8 months old, of Williamstown, was in the rear passenger seat and correctly buckled into a car seat, however it appears the child restraint seat was not properly installed in the vehicle. All three were declared dead at the scene. All three were transported to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner for autopsy.

Hill, who was wearing a seatbelt, was transported to Central Vermont Hospital to receive treatment for non-life threatening injuries.

The crash occurred on dry pavement, with clear skies and sun. The cause of the crash is still under investigation and the results of the autopsy are pending.

Bolton Fire, Waterbury Fire, Bolton Rescue, and Richmond Rescue responded for extrication, hazmat mitigation, and emergency medical services. Employees from VTrans and the Vermont Division of Motor Vehicles responded to help with traffic control and other incident operations.

So far in 2012, including today’s crash, there have been 27 traffic fatalities in Vermont. Compared to 14 traffic fatalities in 2011 and 20 traffic fatalities in 2010, for the same timeframe.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Scott
: 152

« #6 : May 07, 2012, 06:58:20 PM »

8 months old...Oh my. :(

Regards,
Scott
kpplus2

« #7 : May 07, 2012, 07:11:43 PM »

Horrible for the folks related to the Potvin family for the loss. If there is a light. if today was there day to go at least they went as a family as tragic as it is, we can't change it but mom, father and baby are together.
God bless them

Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #8 : May 08, 2012, 05:18:13 AM »

Rough day for the Potvin family and for those first responders, thoughts and prayers to both of them.

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
: [1]  
« previous next »
: