Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 03:34:44 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  John Mitchell To Run For State Representative For Fairfax
« previous next »
: [1]
: John Mitchell To Run For State Representative For Fairfax  ( 4121 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 01, 2012, 12:47:12 PM »

After much conversation and careful consideration I have decided to run for State Representative for Fairfax.  I recently retired from Champlain Oil Co./Jiffy Marts as General Manager after 37 years of service.  During that time I helped grow our company to one of the largest suppliers of petroleum products and one of the larger convenience store chains in Vermont.

I have served on several Boards of Directors over the years including, Northwest Medical Center, Ronald McDonald House, Vermont Grocers’ Association, United Church of Fairfax, Fairfax Rescue and Fairfax Select Board to name a few. In the past I have been active with Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Little League and Cambridge Classical Chorale.  I am still active with the Masons of Lamoille Lodge #6 here in Fairfax and sing occasionally with the church choir.

My wife Sue and I live in the village on Main Street and raised our two sons, Scott and Matt, here.  At one time our house belonged to Sue’s grandparents, Clip and Rena Stewart.  Sue retired as School Nurse 2+ years ago after 22 years at BFA.  We raise a few sheep here in the village as well.

I believe I can represent the interests of our town well and would work with our Select Board and other interested parties to have our voice heard in Montpelier.  I have been active in Montpelier and was recently honored by the National Grocers’ Association with the Spirit of America Award and by the Vermont Grocers Association as Person of the Year.  A video can be seen on youtube by searching John Mitchell VGA Person of the Year.

I ask for your support in November and promise not to put out any signs until September.  I can be reached at 849-6284 or mitchelljohn694@gmail.com.    Thank You
« : May 02, 2012, 07:22:38 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : May 02, 2012, 07:23:29 AM »

For those of you who might not know John, I have added a photo of him and his wife.

Henry Raymond
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #2 : May 23, 2012, 05:15:42 AM »

I think John Mitchell will make a fine representative.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
johnmitchell
: 62

« #3 : May 24, 2012, 05:07:40 AM »

Thanks Chris I hope to be elected and if so, to represent our town well.  Gary will be missed in Montpelier with his knowledge on the Ed Committee.  I am always available @ 849-6284 or mitchelljohn694@gmail.com.  Feel free to contact me if you have questions or concerns.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: