Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:11:59 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  Re-districting
« previous next »
: [1]
: Re-districting  ( 3479 )
Carolyn Branagan
: 365

« : April 30, 2012, 02:01:09 PM »

The re-districting efforts that come before the legislature every 10 years finally came to a conclusion today in the House. Our legislative district of Franklin-1 has been split apart, as requested by both Boards of Civil Authority. This decision was backed up by census data showing that both towns have grown. The towns of Georgia and Fairfax will no longer share representatives. Starting next legislative session each of the towns of Georgia and Fairfax will be represented by one person.
Both towns have grown since the last census. Georgia now has 4515 residents and Fairfax has 4285. Both towns are now big enough to have their own representative.
The election will be in November.
Rep.Carolyn Branagan
« : July 10, 2012, 01:34:21 PM Carolyn Branagan »

Carolyn Branagan
mirjo
: 785

« #1 : July 05, 2012, 04:35:30 AM »

So you'll be leaving us? Disappointing.

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
Carolyn Branagan
: 365

« #2 : July 10, 2012, 09:58:43 AM »

I remain the elected representative until someone else is sworn in. Most likely that will be the first Wednesday in January, 2013.  I believe three candidates have filed to be elected as state representative for the new Franklin-2 legislative district, which is the town of Fairfax. I have filed to represent the Franklin-1 district, the town of Georgia and my name will appear on the ballot for the Primary election in Georgia. As I've told the school board and the select board in Fairfax, if there are any issues they'd like me to help them with I will give it my all.  I continue to be in touch with town leaders in Fairfax. I love my job as state representative and continue to work hard at it every day. I've enjoyed   getting to know the fine people in the town of Fairfax. I could go on and on. 

The bottom line is,  I'm still on the job until early January.  And don't forget, the Franklin County delegation is very close and we all work for the entire  county. So after January, I hope Fairfax people will call me if they think I can be  helpful for them in Montpelier.

Best wishes to all,  Carolyn

Carolyn Branagan
: [1]  
« previous next »
: