Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 01:30:53 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  CFC April Update
« previous next »
: [1]
: CFC April Update  ( 2681 )
ASDuling
: 75

« : April 24, 2012, 09:09:01 AM »

Citizens for Fairfax Community April Update

Activity Updates
Spaghetti dinner (8/3/12):  The group discussed preparations for the family-friendly event the night before the Egg Run at the Baptist Building. Mike Montague will check with the Masons about this planned event and Mary will make sure the United Church’s board is informed. We want to have a checklist for how to close the building, and this is something that CFC and the Masons can work together on.  The menu features spaghetti and sauce, meatballs, garlic bread, drinks, dessert. Katrina will include a dinner sign-up with race registrations.

Community Day (7/4/12): CFC plans to give away ice cream at the Fairfax Community Day in the Rec Park.  CFC has contacted Ben and Jerry’s for an ice cream donation and is waiting for confirmation. Preparations, supplies, and storage were discussed to coordinate this event. CFC will purchase a banner to promote our organization at this and future events.  Amanda will prepare a simple pamphlet to give out on that day.

Haunted House: Katrina said that work on this will begin in June at the latest.

Other Committees: Mark said that he is aware that we need to have four more committees:
1.   Baptist building renovation
2.    Business plan
3.   Capitol Campaign plan
4.   Grant watcher

Katrina agreed to be on the alert for grants that would be appropriate for us. We agreed that we would table for now formation of the capitol campaign and business plan committees.

New Business
Trevor has obtained 3 new air pots for coffee, which he has given to CFC.

Meeting location
Mark asked that CFC meetings be held elsewhere. The UCF basement was suggested and Mary will check with the Board about this.

The next meeting will be June 12th, location TBD.

Please contact Amanda with any questions, (802) 527-3923 or asduling@gmail.com.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: