Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:14:18 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  PRELIMINARY RESULTS SHOW 23 TOWNS REJECT RTA
« previous next »
: [1]
: PRELIMINARY RESULTS SHOW 23 TOWNS REJECT RTA  ( 2535 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 03, 2004, 07:50:39 AM »

Hi All,
From WCAX:

WILLISTON, Vt. Preliminary results show voters in 23 towns have rejected a new regional technical academy.

Roughly 70-thousand voters cast ballots yesterday. And the heavy turnout took a toll on counters.

Officials worked into the morning counting ballots.

They had trouble with counting machines, and some ballots had to be tallied by hand.

The project -- the most expensive Vermont school construction project ever -- would have merged the Essex and Burlington technical centers into a full-time, two-year academy.

Some voters said the school is needed to provide an alternative to students who wanted technical training.

Other said they were influenced by a large group of teachers who opposed the project.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: