Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:18:49 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fox 44 reports motor vehcile collison with two fatalities
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fox 44 reports motor vehcile collison with two fatalities  ( 3281 )
monte198
: 79

« : March 11, 2012, 05:36:40 PM »

Swanton, Vermont -
Tammie Barrette and her family live on Route 105-- a road in Swanton that, she says, sees a lot of speeding. There are also many homes on the road, some very close to the street.

"Cars go by pretty fast. We keep the kids in the back," says Barrette.

Vermont State Police say speed was a likely factor in the accident that killed 21-year old Timothy Larivee of Franklin and the passenger, 24-year old Tyler Greeno of Swanton early Sunday morning.

Police say the accident happened around 3:54 A.M.

They say the 2010 Toyota Tundra was traveling eastbound on Route 105. The speed limit on that road is 50 miles per hour.

"I think if the cars went 50, it wouldn't be too much of an issue. But not a lot of them go 50. They go much faster," says Barrette.

After the truck passed Russell Road, police say the driver lost control and traveled off the road overturning several times.

Both victims were ejected from the vehicle. The truck landed in the middle of the road.

Route 105 was closed down for several hours while the crash was investigated by VSP, Missisquoi Rescue and Swanton Fire.

Barrette hopes the crash will remind folks to slow down on the road she lives on.

"They could probably have a police officer out here issuing more tickets. Maybe it would slow the speed down of the cars," adds Barrette
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #1 : March 11, 2012, 06:22:48 PM »

STATE OF VERMONT DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
VERMONT STATE POLICE PRESS RELEASE

MOTOR VEHICLE CRASH

CASE#:12A201040
TROOPER:   Metayer                         STATION: St. Albans
CONTACT#:802-524-5993
DATE/TIME:03/11/12  03:54
LOCATION (specific): Route 105 Swanton near Russell Road.
VEHICLE #1 OPERATOR: Timothy Larivee                   AGE: 21  SEAT unknown
BELT?  N  Airbag deployment Y
CITY, STATE OF RESIDENCE:
Franklin, VT

DESCRIPTION OF VEHICLE:
2010 Toyota Tundra
DAMAGE TO VEHICLE:
Total loss

INJURIES
Fatal Injuries

HOSPITAL: Northwestern Medical Center
WEATHER:   Clear
ROAD COND:  Dry

SUMMARY OF CRASH:
On 03/11/12 at approximately 0354 hours Vermont State Police St. Albans received a report of a single vehicle crash on Route 105 near Russell Road intersection in the town of Swanton.
Vermont State Police, Missisquoi Rescue and Swanton Fire responded to the scene.  Route 105 was closed for several hours at this location while the crash was investigated.
Both occupants of the vehicle were ejected from the 2010 Toyota Tundra.  The occupants were identified as Timothy Larivee age 21 of Franklin and Tyler Greeno age 24 of Swanton both were fatally injured as a result of this crash.
Investigation of the scene showed the vehicle had been traveling eastbound on Rt. 105.  As the vehicle passed the intersection with Russell Rd the operator lost control of the vehicle and it traveled off of the roadway.
The vehicle overturned several times and came to a position of uncontrolled rest in the travel portion of the roadway.
The cause of this crash is still under investigation. 
It appears that speed was a likely contributing factor.
It is unknown if alcohol was involved at this time.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #2 : March 11, 2012, 06:24:20 PM »

Tyler Greeno was a fine young man and I'm glad he got to see his Bruins win the Cup.
He will be missed more than I can describe.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
: [1]  
« previous next »
: