Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:01:13 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Bonneau's Oil Pointing "Corn Chopping Time"
« previous next »
: [1]
: Bonneau's Oil Pointing "Corn Chopping Time"  ( 4940 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 27, 2012, 12:30:28 PM »

Bonneau’s oil painting "Corn Chopping Time"
 (courtesy Janet Bonneau)

Bonneau’s work included in Bryan Memorial Gallery’s
 "Things That Move" exhibition

Fairfax artist Janet Bonneau was recently juried into the exhibit "Things That Move," at the Bryan Memorial Gallery in Jeffersonville. The exhibit, which includes paintings and sculptures of moving objects such as planes, cars, boats and farm machinery, runs through April 1. Bonneau’s plein air landscape oil painting "Corn Chopping Time" captures the golden fields of late fall corn chopping in northern Vermont.

"This particular scene of the neighbor's corn being chopped last fall was disappearing very rapidly,” said Bonneau. “The tractors, corn chopper and loader were moving quickly through the field and I knew I wouldn't have time to set up the composition and start painting before the entire field of corn was gone. So I did a few quick sketches, studied the colors of the field, took some reference photos and ended up turning it into a studio piece. I tried to capture the intense warmth of the fields against the red and green machinery."

In addition, while at the Bryan Memorial Gallery, visitors can enjoy the companion exhibit "All Aboard: An Exhibition of Trains" which includes model and toy trains, historical train objects, and train memorabilia from the early days of railroading in Vermont. Organizations that have contributed to this exhibition include the St. Albans Historical Museum, St. Johnsbury Railroad Heritage Society, Stowe Historical Society and the Fairbanks Museum in St. Johnsbury.

For more information contact the Bryan Memorial Gallery at 802-644-5100 or visit their website at www.bryangallery.org

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: