Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:46:06 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fire Guts Home At 1204 Main Street
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fire Guts Home At 1204 Main Street  ( 3086 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 01, 2004, 08:22:43 AM »

Hi All,

Chris Santee reported on his web site http://www.twokidstoys.com/clubhouse.htm last night that there was a fire on Main Street and Route 104 was closed.  Some trick or treaters came to the house and stated that they were able to come up the Fletcher Road, but unable to go North up Main Hill towards St. Albans.

I received this unofficial information later stating that:

The fine members of our Fairfax Fire Department were out on Main Street protecting trick-or-treaters from speeders, when Mike Cain spotted smoke coming from out back of the home next to the Baptist Church Building (south). He and Dave Yergeau called it in and Tom Snyder and other firefighters were on the scene rapidly.     The family was not home and the fire department saved three dogs. The home was gutted.

Below is an old file photo I have of the building formerly owned by Paul & Barbara Lavallee.  Will try to get down today to get a photo of how it looks today.

I took some photos this morning to show you what the house looks like.  I did not go inside, but from the outside it appears there may be considerable damage inside.  There were a number of people there including Fire Chief Jim Fields.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : November 01, 2004, 08:58:44 AM »

Firefighters in Fairfax were on-duty last night... intending to keep trick-or-treaters safe. That's when one of them heard a smoke detector going off just a few doors down from the firehouse. Crews from Fairfax and Cambridge were able to contain the blaze to the inside of this home. There's heavy damage, but authorities say much of the property is salvageable. The investigation into what started the fire is ongoing.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: