Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 15, 2024, 11:55:44 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Sadly Owner Closes Business While New Ones Prepare
« previous next »
: [1]
: Sadly Owner Closes Business While New Ones Prepare  ( 3998 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : October 27, 2004, 03:33:37 PM »

Joe's Woodworking has been an enjoyable retirement job for 76 year old Joe Rainville of The Fletcher Road here in Fairfax  for the last 15 years.  Recently Joe suffered an episode which has effected his eye sight.

I stopped by today and found Joe, caulking gun in hand ready to button up for winter.  Joe tells me he is no longer able to use his power tools because of his eyesight and has also had to give up driving his car.  I asked Joe if I could get a photo of him near his woodworking sign.  He told me he had packed it up as he wouldn't be using it any longer, but together we unpacked it and rehung it for the photo you see below.

A few miles away on Route 104 between the Huntville Road and the Buck Hollow Road, Joe's nephew Paul Langlier and his wife Karen are busy on a new venture.

The L-Team Car Wash is taking shape.  Above as seen from Route 104 it is waiting for cement beams over the doors and one more row of cinder blocks, plus of course the roof & doors.

The view from the back above shows the Token & Change machine in place and the room waiting for the equipment after the roof and doors are installed.

Matt Parisi, who is doing the job with his crew is shown above doing a little finish work in the equipment room.

For Joe, we'll miss seeing that familiar sign as we drive by, but I'm sure the familiar scene of Joe & Cecile sitting in their made by Joe Rainville lawn chairs during the summer will still remain.

For Paul & Karen, we wish you good luck in your new venture.

Henry Raymond
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #1 : October 27, 2004, 03:46:22 PM »

Best wishes to the L-Team on their new venture.
I'll be getting my car washed all winter.

Thanks, Henry, for this great site.

Take Care & God Bless,
                 chris
 8)

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Larry
Administrator
: 27

« #2 : October 27, 2004, 05:29:47 PM »

Wow, Fairfax is getting a car wash. That would have been great when I was growing up there.

8)
: [1]  
« previous next »
: