Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:51:34 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  A Few Comments On Today's St. Luke's Turkey Dinner
« previous next »
: [1]
: A Few Comments On Today's St. Luke's Turkey Dinner  ( 2902 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 06, 2011, 02:39:04 PM »

Four of us went down to St. Luke's Turkey Dinner today and it was truly delicious.  I was down yesterday and took some photos of the workers preparing the dinner and today I was there to see how the dining room was working.

We got off to a slightly slow start as the stuff was being brought to the table.  The workers were from the very young up to some people which you could probably call Middle Aged, if you consider Jim Minor and Guy Vanzo middle aged.  I got a tremendous kick out of the little Redding Girls who were taking their job of providing water to those that wanted somevery seriously.  Little Schyler Billado was providing them with the empty cups.  They were ready to help anybody that needed help.  I can't remember just what we were missing at our table, but Pat Kearney who I was sitting beside asked a little girl about 10 years old for something and she looked him straight in the face and said, "This isn't my table."  Needless to say, we all got quite a chuckle out of it.

Somewhere along the way, Curt Lantagne got roped in by my daughter Mary Kay and once he brought one thing, it seemed that anytime we needed something else, we just had to say the word and he would be off and back with it.  I have to grade him an A+ on his service, because apart from having a great personality, he also provided us with super service

One of the people at our table said they wanted pumpkin pie, but they would like the dark pumpkin - Without a comment of any kind, off went Curt and came back with a piece of dark pumpkin pie, which was exactly what the person wanted.  I don't know how the service was in the rest of the dining room, but ours was superb and always with a smile.

Also as I watched the young people working in the dining hall, I thought back to those early years when some of our people who are now getting up there in years used to work as young people there and some day these same kids will probably be middle aged people attending the dinner here in Fairfax themselves.

It is too bad that we couldn't have had a larger crowd, as there was certainly plenty of food - My piece of apple pie, by the way was enormous and I am sorry so many of you missed a great meal this year.

Henry Raymond
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #1 : November 06, 2011, 08:36:52 PM »

I picked up three delicious take-outs.
Thanks to all involved.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Suzy
: 429

« #2 : November 07, 2011, 11:43:36 AM »

I think this was my first waitressing job!  I was a volunteer of course, but I remember helping wait tables for this about thirtysomething years ago~  in the old gym at BFA.  Hope everyone had a great time!  Suzy
: [1]  
« previous next »
: