Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:16:27 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Photos of Jean Groseclose In Montpelier This Past Sunday
« previous next »
: [1]
: Photos of Jean Groseclose In Montpelier This Past Sunday  ( 2907 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : October 20, 2004, 07:20:11 PM »

(Photos Are Courtesy Of Jean's Daughter Cindy)

Among the 25 special women honored this past Sunday by the Most Reverend Kenneth A. Angel, Bishop of Burlington for their ministries in the Vermont Church was Jean Groseclose of St. Luke Church here in Fairfax.

This is the fourth consecutive year in which the Diocese has conducted the Recognition of Women in Ministry awards.

Father Connors and Bishop Angel are shown above with Jean Groseclose.

All parishioners and pastors were asked to nominate candidates who have shown exceptional devotion and contributions to their faith. A special awards committee composed of present and past members of the Diocesan Commission on Women was responsible for judging the entries and selecting the women to be honored.

This year the recognition celebration was held at St. Augustine Parish in Montpelier, at 3:00PM on Sunday, October 17th, 2004.

Father Frank Connors with Jim and Jean Groseclose are in the above photo.

Reverend Wendell Searles, advisor to the Diocesan Commission on Women, which sponsors the annual event, said:

“These women we are about to honor are the salt of the earth…and the light of the world.”

The public was invited to attend the Recognition of Women in Ministry Awards ceremony, as was the media.

Tim & Jeannette Wills from St. Lukes shown with Jim & Jean are a couple of the St. Luke's Parishioners that attended the event.
[/i]

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: