Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:37:05 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Migrant Farmers Traffic Stop in Vermont
« previous next »
: 1 2 [3] 4 5
: Migrant Farmers Traffic Stop in Vermont  ( 52518 )
GamingWeasel
: 184

« #30 : September 20, 2011, 09:23:06 AM »

Locatavius, if you are intending try to change the minds of ideologues with facts, you’ll be embarking on a futile effort.  It never works. ;)

Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #31 : September 20, 2011, 12:40:02 PM »

Douglas never caught heat ??
Are you kidding me, how long are your memories, gentlemen ?

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Chris Santee

« #32 : September 20, 2011, 01:06:36 PM »

http://www.7dvt.com/2007/gov-douglas-stumbles-several-fronts

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #33 : September 21, 2011, 05:19:42 AM »

research that in California, Texas, and all southern border states and please bring the credible resources and results back to this forum.

Using California to back any claim on Immigration Policy is probably not the best route, they have the worst State government debt problem in the US!!! Highest Crime rate in the US and more then double the number of Mexican gangs then any other state in the US.  A prison system that eats tax dollars by housing over 22,000 Illegal criminals at any given time.  The lack of Immigration Enforcement is working out really well for them!!! LOL

GamingWeasel,

If you are so anti Immigration Enforcement then why do you work for ICE?  Isn't your job to find Illegals and remove them from our country?

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
Stand Alone Defense

« #34 : September 21, 2011, 05:40:14 AM »

http://www.7dvt.com/2007/gov-douglas-stumbles-several-fronts

Stop it Chris!!! We are all just a bunch of dumb right wingers bashing on Shumlin because he is a Democrat. LOL

Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« #35 : September 21, 2011, 06:18:20 AM »

...yoru words... not mine.

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
GamingWeasel
: 184

« #36 : September 21, 2011, 09:46:31 AM »

If you are so anti Immigration Enforcement then why do you work for ICE?  Isn't your job to find Illegals and remove them from our country?
[/quote]

You've completely misunderstood, apparently.  I think there should be smart, effective, efficient, and fair enforcement.   It is essential to realize that serious issues or questions do not have a yes/no or black/white answer.  It just isnt that simple when you are dealing with complicated real-world problems.  Those who think such problems can be solved with emotional partisan rhetoric are only making it harder to solve them, because of all the empty sound and fury.  Ideologues of every political persuasion fall victim to the “us vs them” mentality, which only adds to the chaos.  It’s a huge waste of time and energy.
« : September 21, 2011, 09:48:28 AM GamingWeasel »

Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
Chris Santee

« #37 : September 21, 2011, 09:52:41 AM »

I did not bash Shumlin.
I refreshed some memories, I hope.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
mirjo
: 785

« #38 : September 21, 2011, 01:44:11 PM »

Chris' link is just proof that there are no winners in politics and rarely situations that are clearly right or wrong. And the immigration issue, like every other, is just a matter of opinion and what one's opinion is, seems pretty much determined by the political stripes being worn.

What is the issue here, really? Illegal  aliens being allowed to work illegally. Aside from the "incident" that took place and the obvious republican complaints about the current governor, (who could never do anything right in their eyes, even if he changed water into wine right before them) that is the heart of the matter isn't it? The fact that Vt has a soft policy to look the other way or whatever, just seems to be something for haters to complain about when the overall illegal immigrant policy has been one of "looking the other way" for many, many years.

Let's 1st ask  why there are illegals left in the country and 2nd, why we're still talking about it when congress was supposedly talking reform ages ago? Um, let me guess what happened this last time: the Democrats AND Republicans couldn't compromise on a fair way to proceed so they dropped it and did NOTHING. Why the problem hasn't been addressed for years before that, I couldn't say. Probably more of the same.

Yes, perhaps Gov. Douglas took a little whipping from Peter Freyne, for his "soft stance" on the illegals issue with his in-laws, but who didn't get nailed once or twice in politics, by Peter? No one here has really piped up about the shoe being on that particular other foot, because that's how it works when ascribing to a single and particular ideology: blinders go up to anything else except one black and white point of view. Few things are ever simply one way or another and this is one that isn't, as the record shows.

As for farmers needing the immigrant help, sadly it's a documented fact (Look in the WCAX archives or BFP and you will find news stories from a year or so ago on a farm in Franklin County and others). I believe Loctavious mentioned how people here don't want to be farm hands/don't want the low paying jobs that these people are doing. I don't know if "looking the other way,"  is how the illegal immigration issue should be handled, but it's a federal issue that needs to be resolved and clearly a bipartisan humanitarian way of doing things is needed. If the feds can't handle it, then maybe individual states need to act on it appropriately.

If many Mexicans have come here "illegally" and have been able to live, work, raise families here for years "illegally" and the US government  hasn't ever done ANYTHING about it, isn't it kind of a joke at this point? We hear a great deal of complaining (at least on this forum) about how they come to the US and drain off the welfare system,  logically that hardly seems likely, so I did a little research:

http://blog.chron.com/immigration/2008/01/illegal-immigrants-on-welfare-fact-or-fiction/

Should illegals be allowed into the country? No, since it's considered breaking the law; however, there needs to be consistency in how to handle these things, which doesn't appear to be happening anywhere.

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #39 : September 21, 2011, 01:57:21 PM »

Lisa,

I get where you are coming from.  But like every other topice we could choose, you can find another side of the story online.  I do agree 100% that their should be one way to handle these things for sure!

http://www.illegalimmigrationstatistics.org/
« : September 21, 2011, 01:59:56 PM mkr »

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #40 : September 21, 2011, 02:42:12 PM »

i bashed shumlin there huckleberry not chris
al brodeur
: 216

« #41 : September 21, 2011, 08:16:41 PM »

in a previous comment by MIRJO it was stated that an illegal research had been done by a congressional team they overlooked some items IE illegals get no welfare etc explain this then at the time of obama's election it was made public that he had an aunt living in Boston in public housing and that she was an illegal, since then she has been granted political amnesty.
now how about obamas uncle last week in Boston an illegal  now with a dui
there is a procedure spelled out for coming into this country it is the law both the president and atty general should be impeached because they blatantly refuse the laws that they are supposed to uphold and enforce,maybe this is for their future gain.---amnesty?
mirjo
: 785

« #42 : September 21, 2011, 09:33:40 PM »

Well now, don't  I look foolish for saying both sides of the aisle look the other way and refuse to compromise on this illegal immigrant issue.

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
Stand Alone Defense

« #43 : September 22, 2011, 05:45:20 AM »

illegals get no welfare etc explain this then at the time of obama's election it was made public that he had an aunt living in Boston in public housing and that she was an illegal, since then she has been granted political amnesty.

100 percent true Al, here is something else that is interesting. Try finding another person from Kenya that has been granted Asylum without being a victim of a crime in the past!! When you do let me know because I haven't ever even heard of another case from Kenya let alone someone who has been granted Asylum for no reason!!   If she was fleeing her country because of a hardship why didn't she say that to begin with instead of living in Tax funded housing illegally for 2 years!! If a US citizen had committed fraud and falsified documents to scam tax payers for 2 years...... they would have gone to jail, or at least would have had to pay restitution for the amount they stole from the tax payers.  Of course none of that happened in this case instead she was given a free pass and continues to live on the tax payers dollars.
« : September 22, 2011, 12:56:56 PM FXDHS »

mary
: 32

« #44 : September 22, 2011, 11:44:20 AM »

US Dept of Justice, Exec. Office for Immigration Review publishes its asylum statistics online.  Nationality:  KENYA

RECEIVED          GRANTED         DENIED      ABANDONED    WITHDRAWN           OTHER

2010:     297       90       116       15       44       76
2009:   377       97          94       20       36       66
2008:   366       60          75        9       41       68
2007:    258       51          82       10       45       71
2006:   253       60        120       15       36       78

(Public radio broadcasts the BBC early in the morning, including fairly regular coverage of Kenya. Reconciling distant memories of the beauty of its people and and stark terrain with this century's turmoil is difficult - likely why I am posting on Vtgrandpa in the middle of the day rather than keeping to task! Politics in Kenya is rough stuff. Bloodshed surrounding the 2007 elections has been horrific. Yesterday’s coverage included updates on politicians facing charges in the International Criminal Court in the Hague for crimes against humanity.  Allegations include those against the deputy prime minister, former ministers and ex-police chief of being responsible for orchestrating the widespread violence.  Charges seem to focus on 1,2000+ civilian deaths with more than 500,000 people fleeing their homes in the violence. The accused have publically denied direct links the murders, forcing people from their homes, rape and persecution. )     
: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
: